Shirataki Ramen- TASTY!!

Options
Okay, before anyone says anything, I KNOW there is a TON of sodium in the flavor packet, so I'm not saying this is healthy in that regard, BUT I love ramen, sometimes I just crave a bowl of ramen...then I realized one little package of said ramen was 500 calories! Enter the tofu shirataki noodles!! If you rinse them REALLY well, then boil them for 3 minutes, add your ramen flavoring, bam! You have a huge bowl of ramen for about 30 calories!! Yes, your ramen now cost 25 cents PLUS $1.60 for the noodles, and yes, it blows your sodium intake, but hey...it's better than the 500 calories!! Just thought I would share :)

Replies

• frankizoy
    frankizoy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    you can always get chicken broth and use that instead of ramen flavoring :) my mom gets these concentrated chicken broth packet things from trader joes that are low in sodium. i tend to add salt to it anyways though... :\
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    I wanted to like the shirataki noodles sooooooooooooooo much but couldn't get past the texture.

And I used to eat 2 packages of ramen noodles at a time for dinner (they weren't something I could screw up when cooking).