Binge HELP!

Options
Hi! I am just coming from a place of defeat. My name is _______ and I am a binge eater. My life is consumed by it. I am feeling so defeated and today was the final straw. How do I overcome this? Should I stop calorie counting? I eat enough, but my mindset is not very good. I just feel overwhelmed and exhausted from binging so much. I am constantly feeling beyond full, but I get mentally upset when I see the scale go up that I do it again. How do you find balance with your eating?

thanks

Replies

• sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    It sounds like something you might need a professional to help you sort through.
  • Stilllosing26
    Stilllosing26 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am just coming from a place of defeat. My name is _______ and I am a binge eater. My life is consumed by it. I am feeling so defeated and today was the final straw. How do I overcome this? Should I stop calorie counting? I eat enough, but my mindset is not very good. I just feel overwhelmed and exhausted from binging so much. I am constantly feeling beyond full, but I get mentally upset when I see the scale go up that I do it again. How do you find balance with your eating?

thanks

How does the binge start? What type of foods are you binging on? What causes it? How many calories are you binging over?
  • teacher_transformation
    Options

thanks

How does the binge start? What type of foods are you binging on? What causes it? How many calories are you binging over?

It generally starts when I feel like I am "imperfect" or "heavier," sometimes it is if I am stressed or overwhelmed. I binge mainly on carbs, like pizza, cookies, chocolate, etc. I normally binge over between 800-1000 calories putting my total for the day at about 2500. It is generally not every day, but recently, it has been!