Have you hit your goal??

Options
Just curious on how many here has hit their goal and are maintaining?? And how's maintaining going? I know I have quite a ways to go before I hit my goal...but I was just curious:smile:

Replies

• Lexino
    Lexino Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Just curious on how many here has hit their goal and are maintaining?? And how's maintaining going? I know I have quite a ways to go before I hit my goal...but I was just curious:smile:
  • sftbutterflykiss
    sftbutterflykiss Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    ohh geesh.. no one answered... but its a good question
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Getting there -- :wink:

Well bumping this in the hopes someone will post!
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Come on I know someone has met their goal. I intend to.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    There's plenty of people but many no longer come on the boards every day or have left completely :angry: We no longer allow that to happen, so keep that in mind for when you meet your goal!!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I know there are a few of us gals/guys
    I lost 20 pounds before coming to this site...but then lost nothing for about 2 yrs after having my dd (my 2nd)
    I came here in Jan and lost another 27 pounds...and have been maintaining since May...I upped my cals to about 2000 and even splurge on pizza or the occasional bbq/b-day...
    I weight in every week and usually go up/down 1 pound but havne't gained more than that

Good luck to everyone!
    Kim
  • Lexino
    Lexino Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    There's plenty of people but many no longer come on the boards every day or have left completely :angry: We no longer allow that to happen, so keep that in mind for when you meet your goal!!

Okay...so everyone...when you reach your goal stay here!! It's such an inspiration to hear from people that have gone through all this, reached their goal, and are staying there!!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I hit my goal. Well, my weight goal anyway. I'm still trying to drop body fat and gain muscle, but that is a MUCH different thing to do. It's much less satisfying and much more difficult. When you reach your goal weight, it becomes difficult because, at least in my case, there's really not a heck of a lot you can do besides just keep chuggin with your workouts, and healthy eating. You can't just measure your body fat every week or 2 weeks or anything because it's a gradual change. Basically at this point it's all about how much I improve in my workouts, and if I can see any body changes. It's daunting, but I haven't broke yet. I've been at goal weight for about 4 months now and still going strong (I think, like I said, it's not easy to measure).

But it's a warning to all of you who are going to hit your goal soon. Make sure you find something else to focus on, because goal weight without any more goals is very anti-climactic.

And no, I'm not leaving. :tongue:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    I met it, since December; however have been struggling the past few months. It is a challenge to maintain.

Anne
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    No, but i'm halfway there! :heart:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Nope I have those pesky 6lbs left:grumble:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I've hit mine, at least the top range of it. (I have a five pound goal weight range, and try not to focus on a "magic number")

Now I'm focusing more on trying to lower my body fat and eat all those maintenance calories. :flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options

But it's a warning to all of you who are going to hit your goal soon. Make sure you find something else to focus on, because goal weight without any more goals is very anti-climactic.

and, I have to second this. It sort of changes your identity to be a "maintainer" when you've been focused on losing for so long. Right now, I'm doing the muscle mass thing. After that, I'm going to find an "event" (like a 5K) to participate in and train for. I'm a goal-oriented individual, as much as I try not to be.:wink:
  • ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I hit my goal, but you know us women, we're never happy, so when I got there, I set another one!!!:ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:
  • food_junkie
    Options
    I hit my goal, but you know us women, we're never happy, so when I got there, I set another one!!!:ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:

I second that haha my original goal was 120 and now its 118 (mini goal) and then 115 is my ultimate goal.
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I hit my goal once, pre mfp, got pregnant, thought I could eat like a pig again, now the baby's 7 months old, and trying to reach my goal once again lol!!! Only approx. 10 more pounds to go. Once I get there I'm gonna be greedy and add another 20 pounds....or so.
  • kasuki
    kasuki Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My goal was 42 lbs. It seemed so easy that when I reached that goal I said I would contiune to lose as long as my body wanted to. I am now at 58 lbs and have been maintaning for about a month. I have found it a little akward trying to maintane because if I don't eat enough calories I still lose weight ( and I don't want or need to lose anymore) so I have found myself eating empty calories just to keep my calorie count up to the right level even if I am not hungry. I guess I will get this phase fiqured out pretty soon, just like the first phase of trying to lose the weight.