HRM- Polar FT40 or F11 (obsolete- comparable to FT60)? Help

Options
2»

Replies

• amandal15
    amandal15 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Where did you get the coupon code? I'm contemplating purchasing one.
  • amandal15
    Options
    Check your local ****s sporting goods. I got my polar ft40 in the green closeout color for just $40.
    How long ago was this? Hmmmm may have to stop by!
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I always check retailmenot "dot" com for coupon codes... there are several listed for 5% off... I searched and couldn't find anything higher than that. polar is one of them and valuedcustomer is another. They are multiple use so either should work for that site. I always check for coupon codes before making any purchase online. I also keep my eyes peeled on slickdeals "dot" net for fitness related products at great prices.
  • amandal15
    Options
    I always check retailmenot "dot" com for coupon codes... there are several listed for 5% off... I searched and couldn't find anything higher than that. polar is one of them and valuedcustomer is another. They are multiple use so either should work for that site. I always check for coupon codes before making any purchase online. I also keep my eyes peeled on slickdeals "dot" net for fitness related products at great prices.

Well, I called our d i c k s and they don't have one. Off to look for a code. Cause green is my favorite color too!
  • brocksmom
    brocksmom Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I just went to the local mall to change the batteries on my ft40/ monitor, the first guy couldn't do it, but the second one could, it only cost 22.00 dollars for both

Karen
  • amandal15
    Options
    I just orderd my FT40! YAY!
  • samara_334
    samara_334 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am new to the site and would like to know what you guys are talking about? lol what is HRM - POLAR FT40... etc?
  • girlsaint
    girlsaint Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Heart Rate Monitor - Polar is the brand- FT40 is the model. I love mine.
  • samara_334
    samara_334 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    what does a heart rate monitor do ? does it tell how many calories u have burned just by moving thru out the day.
  • girlsaint
    girlsaint Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hmmm not really. Usually you hit start at the beginning of a workout/activity and at the end you hit stop. I have never tried to use mine for any extended period, but it MIGHT work. It is terrific for things like, when you rake the lawn or something like that where you are not sure of how many calories are burned.

It is even better for controlled exercise, where you not only keep track, but use your HRM to exert yourself enough to maintain a certain heart rate. (If you work too hard, you can put yourself in an anaerobic state where you are not burning fat or getting healthier, and if you don't work hard enough, your heart really just doesn't get any fitter)

Many of them keep track of exercise, time, and whatnot, so you have an electronic record of your progress.