Females, 35 - 40, Need to Lose 50 lbs... Need Buddies!

Options
Hi! I'm looking to start a support group for women between 35 and 40 years old who wish to lose ~ 50 lbs.

Men aren't excluded, per se, but because women and men are very different, metabolically, I would like to centralize the focus of this particular group to women, within that age bracket, having similar goals.

I'm very determined, and this is my 2nd attempt here on MFP. I'd like to avoid making a 3rd attempt, and to just simply be successful this time.

If you're interested, please send me a friend request, and let's get started!

Replies

• KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    HI! My name is Kim and my weight loss journey began two years ago. I was at my heaviest (225) and things were not good. I couldn't keep up with my kids, I was tired all the time, and my doctor told me that my cholesterol was on the rise! I decided something needed to change. I started walking, and eventually doing some weight training. I am down over 65 pounds! I feel so much better, and I love supporting and encouraging people to do the same. I would be happy to be an accountability partner with you. I still have some weight to lose, so we can work at it together! Getting your nutrition under control is a big key to losing weight. I can share what has worked for me if you are interested. If you work hard, I know you can reach your goal! So what do ya say? Are you in? If so, add me as a buddy!
  • trish07tx
    trish07tx Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My goal is 30-35 pounds and I barely fit in the 35-4 range (I will be 40 in December) but I'm in if ya want me! :) Read about your Depo on your profile! That is crazy. Friend of mine took those shots in college and did the same thing gained 40 pounds with no other lifestyle changes! Scared the hell out of me so I said NO WAY to the shots! Bless you for trying to do it naturally and encourage others as well! :)
  • cask143
    cask143 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi Kim. Wow! 65 lbs. That's awesome!

Of course I would love your support, and will welcome your advice. My diary is open to friends.

I typically eat healthy (with a few exceptions here and there), but my major issue is breads... I'm a bread addict. I grab it whenever I'm starving and on the go.

My goal is to vacuum seal homemade beef jerky, as well as other forms of protein, so that it's much easier for me to snack on foods like this, rather than carbs.

Thank you for joining in. I really appreciate your time! Talk to you soon.

Chris
  • cask143
    Options
    Of course I want you!

I know exactly how you feel regarding your self esteem issues. Mine are the same. I'm not worried, necessarily, what other people think, but when I look in the mirror and feel like crying, then it's time for a change.

It's the depression that's motivating me. I'm tired of covering myself up all the time. I've often pondered wearing a Burka. It's ridiculous. 105 degrees, and I'm in long pants and a long sleeve shirt,,,

I think you're beautiful, by the way.

Well, let's do this, then. I'm big on going to the gym, so like I told Kim, I'm just gonna have to watch the carbs. They're my downfall.

Thanks Trish!

Chris
  • cask143
    Options
    Thank you for your support, everyone. I do welcome anyone who wishes to join.

I'll try very hard to check in, daily. If I'm not here for a day, don't worry. I will be back. My job is very demanding.

Let's all see if we can be down 1 lb. by next Friday?!

Thanks everyone :)
  • Islandgirlatheart9
    Islandgirlatheart9 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    my probblem is that i am busy at work as well. i will do my best to post on message board, but if i manage to at least enter into my food diary it is a good day. Today i am working a 16 hour shift ( yuk) and most of it, i sit on my my *kitten*. however I do make every attempt i can to hit the gym and do my cardio and weights. My probblem is my food.