Aagh - this is horrid

Options
Now committed. It will hurt for a couple of months but this seems quite a good system.

Replies

• bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Umm... it doesn't have to hurt- if you follow the plan and change what you eat as well as how much, it can be pretty easy in a lot of ways.

Good Luck!
  • ZebraGlee78
    ZebraGlee78 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hope this doesn't sound mean, but the first thing that needs to change is attitude! If you approach "this" as horrid and hurting, then you won't have an enjoyable experience. I teach seminars on the power of a positive attitude at work, and the same thing goes for fitness. I've only lost 17 lbs but I have changed 100% from the person I was. I don't put poison in my mouth anymore (lol, not as much anymore), I look forward to exercise. No, not all the time, but I find ways to make it enjoyable so it's something I WANT to go back to. You need to dig deep and find whatever it is that motivates you in a positive way and focus on that. Eventually you'll realize all your old habits were what hurt! Hope I didn't scare you off!
  • CICHOCKI
    CICHOCKI Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    this is a positive move...look forward to awesome results...I AM!!
  • tomputnam
    Options
    But the whole point is 'No Pain No gain'.

I !have to say that i a really good at losing weight, but also top notch at putting it on again.

TRhanks to everyone for your support and input ... fully reciprocated.

Watch this space!
  • tomputnam
    Options
    Oh ... and I am so daft that I can't add the self-humiliation signature weight thing. How's this supposed to work?
  • molina76853
    Options
    You have got to see this as a positive thing in order for it to work. I thought it would really be tough, but this site is great and makes it fun because it keeps you accountable and it definitely makes me want to stay focused.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Congrats for taking an important step and joining MFP. Hopefully you can use this great tool to lose your weight and keep it off! I agree with the previous posters - try to approach this with a positive attitude. Yes, it takes some willpower and determination to lose weight and keep it off, but you're improving your life in so many ways by doing so! It's a wonderful thing!

Here's a great thread of people discussing the positive side of this process. They all acknowledge that it may be hard, but it's good and even enjoyable at times.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/144258-am-i-the-only-one