lowering body fat percentage

Options
Right so im at my goal weight and im chuffed. But I have just done my body fat percentage online and it is a lot higher than I imagained at 25 so am now aiming to lower this I would like to be around 20% if thats realistic.
What can i do to lower this. I eat well I try and do some form of exercise as often as possible and have dumbells at home to use as havent got a gym membership as really struggle for time at the moment. Yesterday i started work at 7.30am and didnt finish till midnight and then started again this morning so finding it hard to fit exercise in :(

Replies

• felonebeats
    felonebeats Posts: 433
    Options
    When my bodyfat was a measured 12%, online it said i was 18% lol.Don't believe the ones you just put your measurements in they're s**t
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    When my bodyfat was a measured 12%, online it said i was 18% lol.Don't believe the ones you just put your measurements in they're s**t

Agreed...if you are the slighest bit off in shape...like me with a big butt they will skew.
  • pinkfairybutton
    pinkfairybutton Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I know there not overly accurate it was just the only tool I had. Ill try take it with a pinch of salt lol. Strange thing is i moved the weight up and down measurements up and down etc but could not get it below 24 :/
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Your work hours are crazy!!! Find another job!!!!!

Start a strength training program.
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Just to put this out there. 20 is at Athlete level for women. Which means you would have to put in a good deal of work (exercise and diet - meaning the foods you normally eat, not DIET the four letter word everyone hates)

It isn't easy getting to 20 % but with hard work and a strength / resistance training program you can get there.

Depending on the overall look you want, 25% isn't bad IMO. 25-31 is average.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0hs0h-RxvEWPRmEbsfqEZqAr0noem-XipJ5q27opzqhihapLq
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    lmao @ measuring your bf% online thinking you will get anything close to accurate
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    If there is a university with a sports program near you, they may be able to measure your BF at a reasonable cost. Some gyms will do it as well, but it is best to get a dexa scan if possible.

If going from 25% to 20% is very important to you, I'd look into it. If it's NBD, then maybe you can just do more weight lifting and go by what you see in the mirror.
  • briansyuki
    briansyuki Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Measuring your body fat percentage online may not give you accurate results. Taking the measurements several times under the same conditions will give you accurate and consistent results.

See article about measuring body fat percentage: http://www.loseweightlegit.com/6-effective-ways-to-measure-body-fat-percentage-6/