Do you listen to music when you work out? If so, what?

Options
Basically title says it all.

Do you guys listen to music during your workouts, and if you do, what do you listen to? If you don't, why not.

I'm genuinely curious. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• mickey9694
    mickey9694 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have a whole playlist just for working out. Mostly hard rock. Some rap and club.
  • youdontknowme9
    youdontknowme9 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am weird...

But I listen to showtunes mixed with Emeniem. It works for me.
  • holliehatesyou
    holliehatesyou Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I think I like LeTigre best for working out. Lately I've been listening to High on Fire, though.

I also like the Spotify workout playlists, because I "live in the back" and have never heard most of the songs on it.
  • ShiraDarling
    ShiraDarling Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I NEED music when I workout! I mostly listen to heavy metal when I'm lifting or running. ie. Pantera, Meshuggah, Danzig, Lamb of God, etc. When I stretch I take it down a notch and listen to something a little more calming.. like. Moby, Massive Attack, or some relaxing Indian Sitar music.
  • naturesfinest4688
    naturesfinest4688 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Ultra hard dance...it makes you pound the pavement
  • linka411
    linka411 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Vocaloid, some upbeat pop, and themes from anime shows I'm watching :)
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    My "workout" music is the sound of my horses eating, breathing, calling to me, and the sound of the ducks hissing and chirping ( Muscovies) and quacking (Pekins), and the sounds made by the haybine, rake, baler, tractor, etc. I'ts music to my ears.
  • Bethadeetz
    Bethadeetz Posts: 6
    Options
    I typically listen to some heavy metal when I'm doing cardio. :) It helps me keep the pace up.
  • rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Second for the spotify playlists! They have some really great ones :). When I'm outside for a run/walk I also sometimes put in a good audiobook I'm into, or latin tunes if I need energy... but sometimes that turns me into the weird lady dancing down the street... sorry I'm not sorry.
  • tcbs99
    tcbs99 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Most definitely. When I am on the treadmill I can go an hour as long as I have some good fast gospel music. I love to also read while on the treadmill. Good music and a book on kindle and I am all set. Need something to take my mind off of the time.
  • theJTfitness
    theJTfitness Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    If I'm doing cardio I'll listen to a podcast. If I'm lifting heavy I like metal.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    I have an eclectic mix of metal and pop (all with fast beats) that I listen to while I work out - keeps me pumped up and working hard!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    For the past two weeks I have been working out to P!nk's Truth About Love and Bruno Mars Gorilla.
  • afortunatedragon
    afortunatedragon Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Music is a must!
    Mainly Hard Rock and Punk.
  • joannaphipps00
    joannaphipps00 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have nearly 2000 songs from many genres on my cell phone, Its not uncommon for that to be going as I do my walk. The music ranges from Big Band and swing to 1970s and 80s rock right up to people like Voltaire and Lady Gaga. The tracks never get boring because the list is kept shuffled.
  • KBClimber
    KBClimber Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have been doing a lot of long runs outside lately for training and I've really gotten into listening to audiobooks. It helps if they are running/motivational/sports etc. The only problem is that you have to pay attention or you miss something! Sometimes I'm more in the mood to let my mind wander so I'll go without.
  • MLR930
    MLR930 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I mostly listen to audiobooks on the Audible app or 80's stations on Pandora.
  • as124
    as124 Posts: 27
    Options
    70s & 80s punk always. My gym blasts horrible EDM that just makes me want to leave the gym. The Buzzcocks pandora station has been my favorite so far.
  • Keshondra954
    Options
    Of course lol. I have a playlist on my Pandora radio. I listen to music that keeps me on the treadmill longer like, Pop ( Lady gaga radio) Reggae (Gyptian radio) Rap (Tupac radio) And R/B (Seyven streeter) ★★★★
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Yes, I can't workout without music! I listen to upbeat christian rock music. I find it very motivating