Losing Thirty Pounds

Options
So, I would love to lose 30 pounds by the end of April and I think that is pretty due able. :)
I am trying to eat healthier but it is very hard to eat well during college! Any tips for eating healthy?

Any suggestions for exercising or anything like that? :)

Replies

• minervasp73
    Options
    What has worked for me in the past (and I'm doing it again) is to make big pans of healthy, good-tasting food you can package up and heat in the microwave. Keep the high fat stuff to a minimum, and you're taking in a whole lot fewer calories than you would by eating out.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I like your profile pic. That is the advice I am giving you. Lol! I know it's hard in college. But ya know what? If you were graduating that would be the reason. Starting a new job and the stress involved is a reason for others. Having kids and subsequently no time for yourself is another reason I hear often. Life is going to be full of these reasons. You are the only one standing in your way. Make better choices and hold yourself accountable. As for exercise, maybe your college has a gym?
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Fruits, Veggies, no sweets, NO SODA! Drinking only water, have your carbs (good carbs) in the morning, and try and have lean protein. Count your calories and no junk food! You can do it. :)
    Are you exercising as well? If so, for how long and how many days a week?

Alicia
  • dinacav
    dinacav Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm also in college, and my goal date is June 1! I know it's hard because with college comes a lot of free pizza, late night meals, and other junk food. Just keep some healthy snacks with you in your bag to snack on throughout the day, and use MFP to pick healthier options when you're eating out! It's doable - it just takes willpower.
  • Lexxi_102
    Options
    yeah thanks! :D sounds like really good advice! :)
  • Lexxi_102
    Options
    Yeah, my college has a gym and I do go to it but sometimes I just get distracted and/or don't feel like going because I want to hang out with friends and I really need to fight that urge >.<
  • Lexxi_102
    Options
    I try to workout 6 times a week because I love running but I already kinda have the muscle I want. I just want to keep the muscle and lose the fat :)
    I also have whey protein that I'm going to use once I'm back at school :)
  • Lexxi_102
    Options
    Hahah, yeah definitely! Willpower is definitely where I need the most work on. I know what to eat and what exercises I should do. I just gotta do it and keep at it and avoid temptations xD
  • minervasp73
    Options
    You have to make the food easy enough that you'll actually eat it and tasty enough that you'll eat it instead of eating out. This week I have ground chicken enchiladas. =)