is anyone tried the B12 and MIC injections?

Options
I was wondering about the success of B12 and MIC injections?

Replies

• jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I did B12 - it gave me lots of energy - but I didn't like the way I felt so after twice I stopped. And then I got a bad case of ulcers inside of my mouth, I had never had them ever before so I can only assume it was some weird side effect from the B12 shots.

My husband gets them and he likes them he says it makes him feel much better, and gives him more energy (he works outside in the heat so he is always really tired)
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I have no personal experience with this, but upon doing some quick googling, found the following:

"No evidence supports the use of MIC or B-12 injections for weight loss, and they may have negative health consequences."

And on looking at websites for MIC injections, I was particularly disturbed by the following:

"In a world where weight really matters, there needs to be a way to make sure you look fantastic at all times. If you purchase MIC shots then you will be able to lose significant amounts of weight in only a short period of time." ...danger, danger...

"MIC is actually an acronym for Methionine, Inositol, and Choline. However, these names aren’t really of much interest to you considering you want to lose weight any way possible." ...in other words "don't get bogged down in the silly scientific names for these substances that you'll be injecting in your body... you want to look good, not read things!"...

"You never have to worry about your weight after a few weeks of the injections because your body will be losing weight on its own. The best part about the MIC injection is that you can sit back, relax, and continue the same routine you have always done. There is no impetus to get out and exercise and there is certainly no need to change your eating habits either." ...gosh, that sure seems like a sustainable way to keep weight off!...

But seriously, all snark aside, this seems like a potentially dangerous gimmick that promises to cause weight loss without any effort (but likely lots of money spent) on your part, yet has no evidence of effectiveness. You'd be better off consulting your doctor about this than an internet forum.
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I thought I should also add the B12 shots I got and my husbands were given by our Dr.
    So yes I would consult with a Dr first
  • GingerPeachLass
    GingerPeachLass Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I get B12 injections every 2 weeks, but I have a severe malabsorbtion problem due to intestinal issues. It does give me much needed energy that I would not get otherwise. There is a such thing as too much B12 though and it can be harmful, so I would consult a doctor first.
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Excess B12 is not harmful. Any excess is excreted.
  • Lach_esis
    Lach_esis Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I get B12 shot's every month, but only because I have a malabsorption problem. I don't have side effects.
  • _BearNecessities_
    _BearNecessities_ Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Eat less and move more. Or eat the same and move even more. Quit looking for quick fixes. You didn't gain weight overnight; you aren't going to lose it that way either.
  • Krisraph1970
    Krisraph1970 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Not to be a stickler but it's actually b-6 that builds up toxicity, not b-12. It is exptremely difficult for that to happen and easy for b-6. But don't take my word for it... It's easy to look that up.
    I'm down 2# in as many days with all the b vitamins and MIC shot. I hope it continues because I don't have the inner strength for an HCG round. :/
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    td021971 wrote: »
    I work in a weight loss clinic and we use mic and b12 injections. Yes it is safe to say that MIC works when used with the appropriate diet, exercise and rest regimen. It does not work if you do not eat right. Will you lose weight without them?
    Of course, just go Paleo and do Surge Training 6 days a week and you will lose weight. But most people are not proactive enough
    or self disciplined enough to do these things. They feel they need injections. So as long as you understand that L-Methionine is an essential amino acid and is in every amino acid supplement on the market.

Weight loss clinics are garbage.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hi,
    Not to be a stickler but it's actually b-6 that builds up toxicity, not b-12. It is exptremely difficult for that to happen and easy for b-6. But don't take my word for it... It's easy to look that up.
    I'm down 2# in as many days with all the b vitamins and MIC shot. I hope it continues because I don't have the inner strength for an HCG round. :/

Do you live in the US? Because HCG is illegal for weight loss applications here.

Edit: Necro'ed by a spammer. Dang it.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Funny to see a post from OCTOBER 2012 to advertise a site.
  • taminita
    taminita Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do B12 sublingually (pill that melts under my tongue) due to malabosorption issues.. my Doc recetnly had me drop to one pill a week due to have to much stored (your body will store a lot) anyways.. he said that was why I was feeling itchy and had to use benydrl all the time.. I did as the Doc requested.. and the itchy went away.. so yeah you can get to much B12
  • pwhitechurch
    pwhitechurch Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    What is MIC? Don't take any injections, just wondering what it stands for.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Fergy3089 wrote: »
    I have been struggling with my weight for several years now. I would lose on the HCG only to gain it back again as soon as I starting eating normal again. I now go to a doctor once a week and get B12, B6 with MIC shots and follow a strict low carb diet. I have lost 15 lbs in the last 4 weeks. Most of it in the first week. I also drink 80 ounces or more of water every day. This is very important to help your body rid itself of the fat that is being burned with MIC injections. I have more energy than I had on other low carb diets. I eat mainly, eggs, fish, meat, raw vegetables and small amounts of Almonds. No bread, pasta, sugars or dairy. I take 600mg of calcium supplement every day to make up for the lack of dairy in my diet. I have zero hunger after the third day. The first 4 days all I ate was 600 calories of protein. I can actually see my body reshaping due to the fat being burned.

That is why you lost the weight. Under eating will make anyone lose a ton of weight in a short period of time. I hope you're not still doing that, because if you are you're in for a lot of health problems down the road.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,494 Member
    Options
    taminita wrote: »
    I do B12 sublingually (pill that melts under my tongue) due to malabosorption issues.. my Doc recetnly had me drop to one pill a week due to have to much stored (your body will store a lot) anyways.. he said that was why I was feeling itchy and had to use benydrl all the time.. I did as the Doc requested.. and the itchy went away.. so yeah you can get to much B12

I'm sorry but if you have malabsorption then taking sublinguals, and just one per week is not sufficient. Your doctor should have given you injections.

This about it: B12 needs to be converted into an active form so that the body can use it. This only happens for up to 2 days depending on the type of B12. Yes, it stays in your blood for a long time, but does not convert anymore. It is also harmless as it's a watersoluble vitamin. it gets peed up eventually. Meaning if you really have malabsorption issues then your nerves get damaged as I write this. Signs of this is pins and needles, itching, brainfog, unstable legs, clumsiness, vision problems and much more. Your doctor is an idiot. Sorry to say this. Inform yourself properly.
  • Paigepdub
    Paigepdub Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Unsure if you still need any info. But I've been Paleo for about 4 months, and eating a lot less than I used to. I only lost about 5 pounds. I started the "Slim Shots" about 4 weeks ago and have lost 10 pounds since starting. They won't work if you are not eating right. But I feel great and now am finally seeing results.