Starting Insanity on Sunday, 11.05

Options
Hello MFP world! I've decided to give up the ordinary "start on Monday" schedule and I'm starting Insanity tomorrow, on Sunday. I always fail when I start doing things (diets, workout routines etc) on Monday and I definitely don't want to give up Insanity. It's a big big challenge for me, I really hope I'll be able to do this. I did 30DS before, one month of P90X3 (videos borrowed from my friend), Body Revolution and a little bit of T25. Now I want something more challenging which can also give me results and I thought Insanity was the one. So, what do you think guys, do you want to join me? Feel free to add me as a friend :-)

And btw, if you did Insanity, could you please tell me more about your experience with it? Maybe some advice, some thoughts? :-)

Replies

• akshil
    akshil Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Looking at your profile Picture and goals , I believe you are aiming to become summer beach ready :) I firmly believe if you have had trouble sticking to programs like p90x, Body revolution, specially due to scheduling conflicts. You should start a basic compound barbell strength training program in the likes of starting strength . It will build you on a good base of strength which will work your "core" firming up your body. The beauty of this program is that it requires only 3 hours per week and the intial churn of learning correct technique which you will find plenty of videos on you tube.

Hope you get sucess on whichever path you choose. cheers!
  • louisetteN
    louisetteN Posts: 27
    Options
    Thanks for answering! Some other thoughts..? :-D
  • akshil
    akshil Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I can help out more with the program/ diet . i would like to know more on your goals in terms of fat loss muscle gain. I understand there is a lot of conflicting information out there. and the worse part is that the answer to all problems is always relative, there is no one cookie cutter approach.
  • izu87
    izu87 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm thinking about starting it tomorrow as well.

I was supposed to start Phase 3 of Body Revolution, but honestly - it is getting too easy and I do want to do a bit more than 30 mins per day. Might try Insanity and if I find out I'm still not up to that level I'll go back to Body Revolution :P
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I LOVED insanity... My advice would be to take pictures and keep away from the scales!
  • izu87
    izu87 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I LOVED insanity... My advice would be to take pictures and keep away from the scales!

What about measurements?
  • Cleland73
    Cleland73 Posts: 2
    Options
    I was doing well in Insanity 'till I hurt my foot : (

Starting again today after resting it, I hope you press play everyday!
  • Cleland73
    Cleland73 Posts: 2
    Options
    OOPS ALMOST FORGOT TO SAY!!

When you finish the Insanity warmup, press pause and stretch your leg/calf muscles for at least a couple of minutes!!
    Otherwise you'll find it hard to walk the next day! Also do some extra stretching after the cool down and drinking milk or a protein drink sure will help. The pain from not doing this can prevent you doing Insanity for 3-4 days after if you forget this.
  • maQmIgh
    maQmIgh Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Good to see I'm not the only nutter here :laugh:

I am starting my Insanity journey today (A little nervous, I would be lying if I said I wasnt)

Its about a quarter to 1 in the morning here, and Im planning on starting Insanity at about midday after a couple of hours sleep from a 12hr nightshift (Told you I was a nutter :noway: lol)

I would apreciate any advice and your stories to date... I have no Insanity buddies (they all say Hell No!!!!:grumble: ) lol

Good luck on your 60 days :happy:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: