Silly little things like....

Options
...walking up the four flights of stairs at work two steps at a time - cuz it is better for my butt than taking them individually.

Thats what I think anyways!

I've noticed since properly logging into MFP I've started thinking about little things I can do to improve weightloss/exercise.

What does anyone else do that people might think are silly little things ????

Replies

• whit291
    whit291 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Doing squats in front of the stove while I wait for water to boil!
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    1) re: stairs: deliberately forgetting something so I have to go back upstairs to get it.
    2) Walking the long way between points A and B at the job site. (e.g. if it were a clock, I walk from 12 to 3 counterclockwise)
    3) Taking groceries in 2 bags at a time when I could easily carry 10.
    ... a couple of weeks ago, I had to move a few dozen landscape timbers across my yard. I used bungees to tie them in bundles of 2 or 4 and press them (curls, deads, OHP, etc.) at both points.
  • ywalchle
    ywalchle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    logging my cleaning/housework!
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Logging how many cals I burn by brushing teeth.

OMG! What MFP has done to me?! :sad:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I work at the front desk of a resort, so when we are not busy, I pace.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Not sure logging house work and brushing teeth count as helping you...:noway:

you did that before joining and it didn't help you lose weigh and eating those "calories" can be counter productive to weight loss.

the only thing I do is leave my food scale on the counter...and use it all the time.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,087 Member
    Options
    Yes, logging in itself doesn't do anything - so, logging movement you were previously doing, like housework, isn't actually changing anything, except you are logging it and making your log look better.

But any incidental increases of exercise, like taking stairs instead of lifts or elevators, parking further away and walking further to the shop - yes, they will add up if you do them enough.
    This is adding small amounts of exercise to your day, not recording pre existing activity.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Taking the stairs at work rather than the lift, walking the escalators from the train station rather than standing and reading, walking to the grocery store which is further away at lunch.. adds up!
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Finding a parking spot not so close to the grocery entrance, then putting the heavy things like waters in the cart first.
  • jodescorinna
    jodescorinna Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Doing squats in front of the stove while I wait for water to boil!

Might start this !!! I have found myself sitting in a deep squat whilst brushing my teeth to try and improve flexibility too !
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Parking as far away from the front door as I can when I go to work or grocery shopping.
  • ravenmiss
    ravenmiss Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Huh? People log housework? As what? *confused*

Anyway I do the deliberately forgetting things and having to go back up the stairs etc.

When I am walking to/from the shops I walk as fast as I can and get out of breath.

I squat when waiting for things in the kitchen, the kettle, microwave, oven etc

I dance all over the place lol!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I like to do this little thing called workouts.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options

you did that before joining and it didn't help you lose weigh and eating those "calories" can be counter productive to weight loss.

the only thing I do is leave my food scale on the counter...and use it all the time.

I bought an extra toothbrush and I brush double fisted! I am burning twice the calories! :bigsmile:
  • jeffaangel
    jeffaangel Posts: 4
    Options

I bought an extra toothbrush and I brush double fisted! I am burning twice the calories! :bigsmile:

Haha. Nice. Did you have your HRM to get calories burned?
  • arielfirby
    arielfirby Posts: 12
    Options
    I don't watch much TV but when I do, I do sit ups during those long 4 minute commercial breaks.