Favorite infused water recipe?

Options
caliv0608
caliv0608 Posts: 18 Member
I just made infused water (cucumber, ginger, lemon) for the first time and I am straight up obsessed. Somehow the subtle flavor makes it so much easier to guzzle through the day (I like water just fine, just don't drink as much as I should).

Before I go nuts buying stuff, what are some of your favorite combinations? I would like to try out some others and have a few old reliables especially since summer is coming and produce will be at its least expensive.

Thanks!

Replies

• AnAbsoluteDiva
    AnAbsoluteDiva Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have a jar with cuke water and another with raspberry. Each jar holds 32 ounces. I go through both in a day and know I've had enough water. Lettuce is fabulous, too. Mint leaves from my garden. I grow my own food and use that, so in the winter, I use cantaloupes and melon chunks I've frozen. All berries work. Make only what you will consume in a day. And try freezing some of this water into ice cubes and you'll be in for a real treat.
  • OwlsInTheAttic
    OwlsInTheAttic Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I really like mint and sliced apple with lime juice. Works great in iced tea as well (although I'd use lemon for that). I'm really looking forward to getting some new ideas from this thread. Infused water is amazing in the summer. :)
  • LiaBunny
    LiaBunny Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I get nearly all of my ideas from http://instagram.com/detoxwater, it's a fantastic account!

Do you leave your water to infuse overnight or just a few hours? I'm always curious about this, I left some strawberries in water overnight and they went pale and the water was a bit... bitty.
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Strawberries(or raspberries) & Lime

Apples

Pineapples and oranges
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Lots of great ideas! All I've ever done is cucumbers. I will definitely be trying some if these.
  • scrague
    scrague Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    How much of each do you put into the water?
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    My favorite water infusion ingredient is a teabag. :drinker:
  • caliv0608
    caliv0608 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    For my water, about half of a jug, I use half a cucumber, half a lemon and about a thumb sized piece of sliced ginger. I just tried adding mint to the water yesterday and forgot the ginger. The mint is good but I think the ginger really adds something... my water tastes kinda blah today. :frown:

Thanks for all the suggestions, I will definitely try berries and making ice cubes.
  • abrockhausen
    abrockhausen Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Pineapple & Mint

Strawberry Vanilla -I put the berries in the bottom of my bottle with just a sprinle of splenda and let sit overnight to cause juicing, add water and a tiny splach of vanilla extract, tastes like strawberries and cream

Rasberry and lime
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Ginger is my favorite.

Or a hibiscus "tea".
  • milmomto2
    milmomto2 Posts: 84
    Options
    Thanks for all the wonderful ideas! I have an infuser pitcher that I can add all the ingredients to for tasty water! I'm now looking forward to drinking my water.
  • willowdragonfly
    willowdragonfly Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Love these ideas =) I cant wait to try them.
  • Linda_May1960
    Options
    I like to add frozen fruit or frozen lemon wedges. The frozen fruit acts like ice cubes.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    My favorite combinations are:

cucumber + mint + apple slices
    cucumber + lemon slices
    lemon + mint
    lemon + strawberries
    oranges, lemons, cucumbers all on their own.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I like to add frozen fruit or frozen lemon wedges. The frozen fruit acts like ice cubes.
    Also a great idea.
  • reneesweeney21
    reneesweeney21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How do you make infused water?
  • ladyargentum
    ladyargentum Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    How do you make infused water?

Just place whatever you want to infuse your water with in a bottle/jug and cover with water. Let sit in the fridge for a few hrs to overnight.

I have just chopped up some cucumber, half a lemon and thinly sliced ginger, covered with water and placed in the fridge :)
  • boomkattack
    boomkattack Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm definitely trying out these recipes when I get the chance, they all sound delicious!
  • brookejowell16
    brookejowell16 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have really started enjoying infused water. i love to mix half and half coconut water and regular water, with sliced strawberries. I also love water with cubed mango, key lime and strawberries. I havent gotten a chance to try mint but looking forward to it.