Yeesh! Does anyone actually get 38 grams of fiber?

Options
13»

Replies

• SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Mission carb balance tortillas & Fiber One bars...if not into that, then Metamucil, I suppose. Those food choices are both pretty processed and full of supplemental fiber but I prefer them to drinking fiber supplements.

P.S. Quest bars.

^^ This! I use Mission Carb Balance tortillas for my wraps and I easily go over my fiber! Good luck with your goals and finding alternatives!
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    NaomiJFoster-
    There are fiber gummies! WOW! We've found the vitamin gummies but this is a great idea that even a picky kiddo wouldn't mind :-)

It's not going to be the same level as a supplement per se, but Fiber One makes fruit snacks. They are decent, tried them for the first time today, 3g of fiber and 100% vitamin C, but pretty low in sugar compared to others. Made with pear and apple juice. I also drink Capri Sun SuperV sometimes, it's pretty tasty, gives a little fiber and a serving of fruit/veg. I think both would be good for kids.
  • MagdaSea
    MagdaSea Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I definitely second the gradual increase. There is such a thing as "too much" in the sense that if you increase your intake to a point that exceeds your digestive ability, you'll experience some of the worst gastrointestinal discomfort you've ever known.

If I go over 15 grams, I'm usually bloated and gassy all day. Can't do it.
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I average 35 daily, ranging from 20 (rarely that low) to 40. I don't make any special effort. I just like and eat a lot of fruit, vegetables, and beans. I also usually have a half cup of fiber one original most days which I just happen to like. (Fiber One is also high in iron, by the way.)
    I am not a vegetarian.
  • alexflynn011
    alexflynn011 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    75g the other day lol
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    NaomiJFoster-
    There are fiber gummies! WOW! We've found the vitamin gummies but this is a great idea that even a picky kiddo wouldn't mind :-)

LOL Yes!!! I personally like Walgreens brand best. They're sugar-free, too!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Never. Like...not even once. Darn meat and it's lack of fiber.

I remain 'regular' so my level of caring is kinda low.
  • Ke11er
    Ke11er Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Ok, Walgreen for the fiber gummies and...

"It's not going to be the same level as a supplement per se, but Fiber One makes fruit snacks. They are decent, tried them for the first time today, 3g of fiber and 100% vitamin C, but pretty low in sugar compared to others. Made with pear and apple juice. I also drink Capri Sun SuperV sometimes, it's pretty tasty, gives a little fiber and a serving of fruit/veg. I think both would be good for kids."

Such great ideas, thanks!!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I do.. It's not really even hard ..
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Between 30 and 50 every day. No problem for me. Lot's of veggies, fruits and a Questbar.
    Stef.
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I got plenty a few days ago.
    Fiber amount is all the way at the bottom: 55,2 grams

1234ikg.jpg
  • jennilsf
    jennilsf Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Wait- theres a cereal actually called "Holy Crap"?? That's awesome!!! lol!
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    We really do not need fiber. I don't pay any attention to it.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    Weird. MFP only puts my recommendation at 14g. And I don't always get that much. I thought that's what coffee was for.

Kidding, actually, I do want to start getting at least the minimum. Wonder why it's set so low on MFP for me? I might have messed with my setting and forgotten.
  • SergeantNarwhal
    SergeantNarwhal Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I usually go over on my fiber. Fruits like pears, apples, raspberries, veggies, especially asparagus are so high in fiber. You can also add chia seeds in easily by pretty much putting them on anything. Quest bars, are great too. It's not rocket science.
  • amblight
    amblight Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I get it most days :) Today I got if mostly from Badrijani (fried eggplant with spiced walnut-butter and herbs) and liquroice root. But also from aspurgus, carrots, cauliflower and berries :)

Other days I get it from oats, beans, faux fried stuff as per Hungry Girls' method, broccoli etc etc. Generally veggies - you get a lot of fiber per calorie from veggies compared to things like whole grain!

Also, check if your submissions actually list fiber content, a lot of entries only have macros