SODIUM

Options
sculley
sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
anyone else hate it as much as I do?

I work out like today and burn about 700 calories awesome I get to eat....but always go over in sodium it upsets me!

Replies

• sculley
    Options
    anyone else hate it as much as I do?

I work out like today and burn about 700 calories awesome I get to eat....but always go over in sodium it upsets me!
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing...rarely do I stay under my sodium...

:grumble:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    sodium is my enemy too ladies!

stooooopid sodium! :angry: it holds on to water...it bloats ya...its in almost everything...sigh!

keep drinking the aqua everyone! it helps!

hugs!
    Ali
  • sculley
    Options
    Is it possible to gain 2 lbs overnight from sodium?
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options

Absolutely!! Or more!! Give it a day or two of clean eating and drinking lots of water and, like magic, it will be gone!!
  • sculley
    Options

Absolutely!! Or more!! Give it a day or two of clean eating and drinking lots of water and, like magic, it will be gone!!

Awesome then I might still have a chance HA lol
  • ali106
    Options

girl...you are smokin'!!!!:smokin: :love: don't let those 2 PHONEY pounds get you down:noway: ...you look amazing and have been kickin' butt!! woot! You're an inspiration chica!:drinker:

hugs & :heart:
    Ali
  • sculley
    Options

girl...you are smokin'!!!!:smokin: :love: don't let those 2 PHONEY pounds get you down:noway: ...you look amazing and have been kickin' butt!! woot! You're an inspiration chica!:drinker:

Ali

Your sweet personality hasn't gotten me to cry yet..... hang it up baby doll hehehehe thanks though by the way I love sexy in clothing but out....well that is a different story HA!

I was at a plateau for a month so those two lbs would put me back at that and I REFUSE LOL
  • ali106
    Options

Ali

Your sweet personality hasn't gotten me to cry yet..... hang it up baby doll hehehehe thanks though by the way I love sexy in clothing but out....well that is a different story HA!

I was at a plateau for a month so those two lbs would put me back at that and I REFUSE LOL

drat!!! curses and all that!:grumble: ....well okay...no tears for the bucket today eh?! FINE! :frown: :laugh:

I hear you though...I was at a standstill for the longest...it had to do w/ me not putting any effort into anything...lol but at least I didn't gain!!! so now I'm a momma on a mission...fabulous by forty! I have um...less than two months to go! lmbo YIKES!:ohwell:

hugs!`
    ali
  • Zeii
    Zeii Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am *ALWAYS* over in sodium. I hate it! I hate that cottage cheese has over 500mg per 1/2 cup and whole wheat tortillas have over 400mg.
  • Zeii
    Zeii Posts: 89 Member
    Options

Oh yeah, EASY. It is da debil!:devil:
  • sculley
    Options

Ali

drat!!! curses and all that!:grumble: ....well okay...no tears for the bucket today eh?! FINE! :frown: :laugh:

I hear you though...I was at a standstill for the longest...it had to do w/ me not putting any effort into anything...lol but at least I didn't gain!!! so now I'm a momma on a mission...fabulous by forty! I have um...less than two months to go! lmbo YIKES!:ohwell:

hugs!`
    ali

Your amazing and I am sure you will be fine :heart: u
  • natlat1975
    natlat1975 Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    I have this issue all the time! I HATE THE SCALE! AND SODIUM. I am like I couldn't have eaten 7000 cals lol.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    This is a very old thread. But apart from that: sodium (and chloride) are essential minerals. Without them your body would not function. It's needed for controlling your blood pressure, for transmitting nerve signals, control other minerals and for muscle function. So please stop condeming sodium. It's essential for your body. If you have such a scale anxiety then don't use it but use measuring tape instead.
  • evileyefirefly
    evileyefirefly Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Sodium is a double edged sword. But I find cooking for yourself is the best fix here, and not using processed/pre-made mixes or packaged foods. Most of those are loaded with Sodium and are just overall not the best choices. When I cook I don't add any salt to my food until I've tasted it, and more times than not I won't add any. Meeting/slightly exceeding your sodium goal isn't a killer, because like yirara said its ESSENTIAL to your body functioning so you need it. Also if you're not liking it for water weight, drink more water. You'll flush it by drinking more. If you don't like it due to BP, well look at your sugar intake as well as recent studies show sugar actually does more to raise your BP than sodium.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,099 Member
    Options
    Since going Keto my issue has become trying to get enough sodium because I now need more than that recommended maximum or my blood pressure goes low enough that I get light headed. When I did have to concentrate on keeping sodium down the tricks I used were cooking thing from scratch so I could use less, paying attention to my food log and when something was high in sodium seeing if there was an option I could use that had less. Finally, while cutting back on sodium in light of how much is added to food currently is not a bad thing, unless you have a specific health issue that is affected by sodium levels, going over is not a huge issue. Certainly, not nearly as big an issue as being significantly overweight. Even for blood pressure, many people are not sodium sensitive at all and cutting it make zero difference in their blood pressure.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Since going Keto my issue has become trying to get enough sodium because I now need more than that recommended maximum or my blood pressure goes low enough that I get light headed. When I did have to concentrate on keeping sodium down the tricks I used were cooking thing from scratch so I could use less, paying attention to my food log and when something was high in sodium seeing if there was an option I could use that had less. Finally, while cutting back on sodium in light of how much is added to food currently is not a bad thing, unless you have a specific health issue that is affected by sodium levels, going over is not a huge issue. Certainly, not nearly as big an issue as being significantly overweight. Even for blood pressure, many people are not sodium sensitive at all and cutting it make zero difference in their blood pressure.

I'm not keto, but have to eat a LOT of sodium or I have low BP.

I swapped out sodium for fiber in my diary ages ago. Fiber is a far more useful thing for me to track.

But if I did have a medical reason to watch sodium, I would mostly cook from scratch and do the other things recommended.