how many times a week are you guys weighing yourselves?

Options
i was wondering how many times a week people are tracking weight

Replies

• segagirl1
    Options
    Right Now....daily! and Im not too certain thats a good idea...
  • aanaya56
    aanaya56 Posts: 136
    Options
    I use to do it every week... It kepted me motivated to see pounds off...
  • peachyolives
    peachyolives Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I try to do it just once a week, but I tend to actually do it a couple of times a week (just whenever I feel good about my weight...i.e., not the day after going out to eat). Weighing everyday is always a big no-no for me since my weight will fluctuate throughout the week, which can be discouraging!
  • marsbar_0789
    Options
    Every morning but i don't let the number on the scale effect my day. If it's not going the right way i just look back on what i might have done better but i don't obsses over it.
  • bethybooo
    Options
    every day =/ i gotta stop this habit though!
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Once a week. I used to check my weight every day and it was extremely demotivational. Even though I knew that weight fluctuates from day to day because of food and water and other factors I still couldn't help but feel like I failed if the scale went the wrong way one day.

I threw out my home scale and now I only weigh myself at the gym once a week. I feel better now when I step on the scale and see a one or two pound weight loss. And it feels really great when it's 3 or 4 pounds.
  • BrandonMB
    BrandonMB Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in pretty regularly throughout the week, but resist the temptation to update MFP other than on my regular schedule (Suday mornings). I found that it got discouraging if I updated MFP when I was having a great day for weight, and then with regular fluctuation I was up by the end of the week.
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, and for the first month or so of this process I will also weigh in the evening. But I only go by my Monday morning weigh-in for keeping track of my progress.

The reason for the frequent weigh-ins is so I can keep a record over a couple of months so I can better understand what effects my body and how it all works together. Rather than avoiding weigh-ins to keep from getting discouraged, I keep track of when my body does most of its processing and how certain foods, activities and hormones influence my weight so that I can understand it and work with it.

So far, I have learned that while most people have their best weigh-in first thing in the morning, my lowest weight is in the evenings after work, whether or not I go to the gym. It's just the opposite for my boyfriend who is also on this journey. If I didn't know that, I would have plenty of reason to get frustrated when I start comparing my progress with others.