HELP!

Options
Hi, I'm 18 years old and I'm currently losing weight. On april the 4th I was 13.5pounds now I'm 12.11pounds. In a way I am disappointed because I'm only losing a pound a week. The exercise regimen that I am doing is slim in 6 and I'm currently on the second dvd. I have stayed at the dvd for a while until I come to a plateu then I will proceed on to the next one which the intensity is higher. What am I doing wrong to only being losing a pound a week? I also do sport and exercise in college hoping to become a sport therapist and some of my lessons are practical therefore I'm doing more exercise. Please help my goal is to lose 2 pounds a week. By the end of this month I want to be 12.5pounds. ADVICE APPRECIATED!

Replies

• sheltol
    sheltol Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    1 pound a week is actually really good. Without knowing how many calories you are eating it's difficult
    To say if you can improve things. How many calories are you eating?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    1 lbs a week is a healthy loss. Also, if you're losing weight, you're not on a plateau. A "plateau" lasts 4+ weeks. Aaaannd, weight loss isn't linear. There are some weeks you won't lose weight at all, and some you might even "gain" (temporary water weight).

Your ticker says you have 12 lbs to lose. 2 lbs a week loss is probably much too aggressive for you. Aim for 1 lbs/week at most but .5lbs/week is probably more realistic for you.

Without more information, any other advice would be hard to give.

And when you say "13.5pounds" is that in stones or something? Or do you mean 113.5 lbs? Sorry, but it's very unclear.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    1 lbs a week is a healthy loss. Also, if you're losing weight, you're not on a plateau. A "plateau" lasts 4+ weeks. Aaaannd, weight loss isn't linear. There are some weeks you won't lose weight at all, and some you might even "gain" (temporary water weight).

Your ticker says you have 12 lbs to lose. 2 lbs a week loss is probably much too aggressive for you. Aim for 1 lbs/week at most but .5lbs/week is probably more realistic for you.

Without more information, any other advice would be hard to give.

And when you say "13.5pounds" is that in stones or something? Or do you mean 113.5 lbs? Sorry, but it's very unclear.

Yeah, you're not making any sense. If you really weighed "13.5lbs" you'd be dead.
  • TheyCallMeShy
    TheyCallMeShy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    sorry guys I meant 13 stone and 5 pounds and now I'm 12 stone and 11 pounds should of made that clear. I'm eating 1700 calories day, however when I exercise I burn over 400 calories so I might consume 1800 on my work out days. I do eat very clean however there are sometimes I may have a sweet snack for example a few biscuits of a chocolate bar, however I make sure I NEVER go over my recommended sugar, fat, carbs, or protein intake I always stay within my macros
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I suggest also reading http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

For your macros, you want to get as much protein as possible. Don't try to stay under the goal MFP gives you. You want to go over it. The sugar macro is also useless. It's more for added sugar, but even then the goal is really low and eating a single piece of fruit will make you go over. Fat, you should try to meet. In spite of popular believe, fat is not what makes you fat, and your body needs some fats. Carbs... I try to stay under goal, but definitely not low carb, your body does need carbs for energy, and unless you have a medical reason, you shouldn't cut them too much.

Other than that, think about getting a food scale and weighing your food. And read the link above.