Sweet Potato Fries?

Options
I was wondering if anyone out there has a simple yet tasty sweet potato fry recipe? I know there's a good way and bad way to do this and I've found many online but was just wondering if anyone on here had one they loved. And also, what you think goes good with said fries, meatwise. We just got a new grill.. thanks! :happy:

Replies

• junkqueart
    Options
    a nice dip for fries would be horseradish and canola mayo ---mmmmmmmmmm
  • abricklin
    abricklin Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    we have oven fries on hot dog/burger nights.
  • BeSexy
    BeSexy Posts: 94
    Options
    I love sweet potato fries! I have a NuWave oven (I love it!) I find the smaller I cut up the 'fries" the better they are. I just spray them with cooking spray or olive oil and bake! 350 degrees, I don't remember off hand the time but you do want to flip them. I tried them in the oven and they were ok but in the NuWave they were great! Just laid them on top grill and they got soft, crispy, and sweet.
  • soundofsong
    Options
    I love sweet potato fries! I have a NuWave oven (I love it!) I find the smaller I cut up the 'fries" the better they are. I just spray them with cooking spray or olive oil and bake! 350 degrees, I don't remember off hand the time but you do want to flip them. I tried them in the oven and they were ok but in the NuWave they were great! Just laid them on top grill and they got soft, crispy, and sweet.

Thanks for the tips, I'll try to post pics!
  • mammajewels
    Options
    There are some great recipes at food.com for sweet potato fries - I just tried my first batch the other day - I made them with a little evoo, cinnamon, garlic powder and cornstarch - put in a ziplock bag and shake then bake at 450 for 20 min or so (turn at 10 min) I broiled mine at the end to try to get them a little crispier - just watch carefully so you don't burn them. So good (even though they weren't as crispy as I would have liked) I know the spice combo sounds weird but with over 100 reviews for how good they were I decided to try it and boy am I glad I did!
  • grlgeek99
    Options
    Soak them in ice cold water first and then dry well before placing them in the oven. Makes them more crispy.

I love sweet potato fries, we have them with turkey burgers usually.
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Have a sweet potato in the bin...will may be try them this weekend...THANKS!!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    What condiment do you eat with your sweet potato fries?
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    What condiment do you eat with your sweet potato fries?

I like to smear mine with mashed potatoes. Or else dip them in potato salad.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I just chop 'em up, put on some seasonings, and roast 'em. No oil necessary.
  • dpereznunez
    Options
    I love sweet potato with olive oil and rosemary, DELICIOUS!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    they're awesome with steak!
  • dancinqueen91
    dancinqueen91 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just chop them (skin on) and bake with olive oil and seasonings. Sometimes I'll mix savory seasonings with cinnamon and/or honey for a nice salty/sweet combination. Yum!
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I also do celeriac fries, lower cal than sweet potato.
  • jenversuslife
    jenversuslife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Chop into wedges, place on baking tray, spray with light olive oil and sprinke cumin, cayenne, paprika and chili powder over and toss the wedges so they are covered. Put in the oven for 30 mins, then drizzle with a little honey and do another 5-10 minutes.

I like to use them as a replacement for tortillas in nachos! So I make a spicy chicken and corn in a little salsa with homemade guac, a little grated cheese, some reduced fat sour cream and spring onions. SO GOOD!
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato chips taste great all on the own.
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I just chop 'em up, put on some seasonings, and roast 'em. No oil necessary.

No oil?! Really? Yay!! I think I love you. I guess I just figured oil was a must to roast them and I'd rather eat more yam, less oil! haha.