Day 132....Progress!!

Options
jeffininer
jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
I have been logging for 132 days. I've lost 23 pounds and I feel amazing!! I started with counting calories and going to the gym. First on the elliptical and weight training. I then progressed to the arch trainer and weight training. A friend of mine convinced me to sign up for a 5k, so I decided I should probably try my hand at running. I downloaded the C25k app and started with week 1, day 1. I did the first two intervals and said 'well this is easy'. I ended up running 4 miles non-stop that day! Let me just emphasize, December 30th (day 1) I would NOT have been unable to run 50 yards without huffing and puffing and having to stop and give up. Now, I can run 4 miles under a 10 mph pace!

My first timed 5k is tomorrow (Happy Mother's Day to me!!). I'm running it with a good friend and my daughter is going to run with me across the finish line. I'm so excited about how far I've come over the past 5 months, it's crazy.

It takes hard work and commitment, but it is TOTALLY worth it all :)

8523514ca339456eb3f6b6c03e1fbfbb_zpsaf8a6d9b.jpg

Replies

• LoveDanceSing
    LoveDanceSing Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing! :happy:
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Goes to show what 132 days can do! Congrats and happy mothers day.
  • JonnyQwest
    JonnyQwest Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    BOOOOOOM!! Good Job, I started on January 2nd so I know what you can do in a short time with commitment. Keep it up! ;-)
  • bc2ct
    bc2ct Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    massive difference from first to last pic. Great work.
  • kathers01
    kathers01 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    You look great!!
  • hlaroue
    hlaroue Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look great! GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!
  • StacyRenee77
    StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    You look fab
  • lightuvlove
    Options
    So inspiring. You look fantabulous! I wish I could run. I am the one huffing and puffing. Downloaded the app too :)
  • jennifermason37604
    jennifermason37604 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    So Im stuck a little and getting discouraged. Im on day 31 of tracking. I have lost 14 lbs. Did you go for a while without losing anything? Im working out and under my calories, but just feel I should have lost more. Am I jumping the gun? You look GREAT!
  • marialynn2014
    marialynn2014 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look amazing!
  • jeffininer
    jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! It's amazing to SEE the difference. Sometimes you can't see it just looking in the mirror, but when it's in comparison photos, it's very obvious!
    So Im stuck a little and getting discouraged. Im on day 31 of tracking. I have lost 14 lbs. Did you go for a while without losing anything? Im working out and under my calories, but just feel I should have lost more. Am I jumping the gun? You look GREAT!

First off, that's an AMAZING loss in 31 days!!! You should be super proud of that! I think it took me 2 months to lose 10 pounds!

My BIGGEST slow down time happens 'that time of the month'. I've noticed I have a big drop the week before and then I'm pretty stagnant for a week or two. Then it's a gradual decline, then another big drop. I'd say keep on going. Do what you're doing. If you're truly at a deficit, it will happen. Don't get discouraged!! 31 days is no time at all!! I've learned through this whole process that you just have to keep going. If you have a bad day and you're over, just make it a better day for the next. If you keep at it you WILL lose.
    I weigh in every single day. 6:30 in the morning. I don't let the gains get to me. I know they are minor and will come off eventually. They always have for the past 132 days. I think that's why I feel so comfortable chugging along. I can see every single day the progress I'm making. I know when my time of the month is, I know when I've had too much sodium or not enough water. I know when I had a good weight training session. I've SEEN the effect these things have on my body and I can make adjustments to accommodate.

Sorry for the long-winded response :) Just keep at it!!!
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, your daughter is going to be so proud crossing that finish line with you. Happy Mother's Day :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!