Everything is too big on me! Awesome but frustrating?!

Options
1235»

Replies

• CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I know dem feels... Every couple of months of so I buy new clothes and give my old ones to my sister or to charity... Costly but satisfying.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm always buying clothes but they keep getting too big!
  • BrendaRey74
    BrendaRey74 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I know this is an older post but I thought I'd add my $0.02.

I bought smaller bras and underwear and then I've been belting all my pants. I have to open the waist band in two spots at the front so the belt is inside the casing(?) the whole way around (not just at the belt loops) so it sits right. Yes it makes for baggy pants but I can't afford to get a new set of dress slacks now and then again another 60lbs from now and then again at my goal weight.

With the skirts, at the waist, every 6 inches, I take in an inch (almost like a pleat) and stitch it together. So its usually 6 or 8 little pleats making the waist stay on my waist but not requiring any alterations to any other part of the piece. Again it makes for a very flowy skirt but it stays on and I save money.

I do buy one or two bottoms every few months in my current smaller sizes and eventually I will belt or take in the waist again as I continue to drop. I also buy a top here and there. I tend to buy my tops a little too snug knowing I'll work into them. Eventually. :-)

I am a little sad about eventually being unable to do anything to stay in my clothes. I like my wardrobe! I might have to see about professionally altering some tops down once I'm maintaining. I can sew the skirts and basic pants myself but tops are a different story.
  • newpalfan
    newpalfan Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have found great clothes on eBay. You can find low cost, brand name clothing that is like new or even new with tags. It helped me to stay in decent work clothes until I reached my target weight. Just bought 4 new blouses on eBay for less than the cost of 1 blouse at a department store.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Since you are close to your goal weight - plan on a good shopping spree. I have been losing a large amount of weight, so along the way, whenever I do go clothes shopping, I always buy the clothes in a size or 2 smaller than where I currently am. Right now - I have a closet full of clothes that I can just start wearing or have a littles ways to go :D It is also nice to see progress by trying on all the clothes in my closet and see how far I have come.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    eBay, as one other person mentioned.
    Especially if you have a favorite brand/type of pants.
    I recently found my favs , new with tags, for 1/2 of retail.
    I am not a shopper so I also like that I order them and they are delivered to my front door.
    Always check the size measurements and if in doubt contact the seller.
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    IIIIISerenityNowIIIII Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Take your big stuff to a consignment store or sell it yourself, then you can use that money to buy a few new essentials :)
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss! I finally broke down and bought new jeans and underwear. I don't like clothes shopping so I stalled for awhile. I still have to get new scrubs. Bah.
  • prima073
    prima073 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! I'm starting to have this problem also. I look like a small child that is trying on his Dad's clothes! :-)
  • TheRealKingTony
    TheRealKingTony Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I feel like it's very important to adjust your wardrobe when you are trying to lose. It will give you extra motivation to keep your body fit when you get to where you want to be!!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    One thing that has worked pretty well for me is wearing my too-big dresses with a in-my-new-size cardigan, and belting under the cardigan when appropriate. It is allowing me to give those dresses one last hurrah, at least.

Another thing I've noticed about having fewer clothes due to weight loss, is that I actually WEAR all of my clothes! I don't know about the rest of you, but I used to own so many clothing items that I barely even wore. I had 100+ shirts, 50 sweaters, 30 pairs of jeans, 20 pairs of pants, etc. Now that I own a fraction of that amount, I wear my stuff a lot more and I find that even though the clothes are going to be temporary I put a lot more thought into my wardrobe. Even in a thrift store setting, if I like a shirt and it fits I'll think about 2-3 outfits I could wear it with. I kind of like this, and I hope I'll be able to keep up the same attitude when I reach a steady weight at goal or closer to it.

I don't know about you, but I get so overwhelmed now shopping at times since there's so much more of a selection for clothing & sizes. When you're plus size there's sometimes not much of a selection unless you want to risk shopping online.

Sorry I did not see this 'til MONTHS later but yes...I am having that same issue just recently. My husband and I go to a ton of off-price clothing stores like Ross, Marshalls, TJ Maxx, etc...and it used to take me about 4 minutes to go through all of the plus stuff and now there are like 10X the racks I have to look at...misses and juniors. Shopping is better in most ways but also overwhelming!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!