Staying at current weight, but look toner?

Options
Is it possible to stay at my current weight, around 145ish, work out eat decent but look a bit more toned
Like just add muscle?
How can I achieve this? What should I put my goals at? What should I try to eat?

Thanks!

Edited because what sounds right in my head isn't alway correct spelling. *More toned, not toner.

Replies

• SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I hang out at the copy machine to get toner. Now, I have all the toner!
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    Resistance training & weight training!
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    bump. I'm also wondering this, but what I have heard is eating at maintenance and do resistance training.
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options

^^^ love this as I hate the word "tone"

I've been the same weight and dropped 5 sizes...lift weights!!!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    do some form of resistence training and get in enough protien.

Resistence training can be a wide range of things...from bodyweight stuff to lifting heavy your choice.
  • _runbitchrun
    _runbitchrun Posts: 205 Member
    Options

What would be a better word to use so I don't get punched in the face?
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options

What would be a better word to use so I don't get punched in the face?

Lean is a good one. It's just that "tone" gets very overused here lol
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    So you want more muscle and less fat?

You can approach this in two ones, the first is to eat at maintenance, lift, get adequate protien and hope to lose a little bit of fat, gain a little bit of muscle. This is very slow and sometimes doesn't work at all. Or you could try to gain muscle by eating at a surplus, then lose fat by eating at a deficit and do a few cycles of each (again lifting and getting protein).
  • rsoice
    rsoice Posts: 212 Member
    Options

^^^^^ This. Cardio is fine but weights will get you copied, I mean toner, oh hell!
  • kLPantera
    kLPantera Posts: 5
    Options
    Something I like to tell people about weight is that it's an ever changing variable. You will be one weight in the morning and another at night. I tell people to focus more on body composition, after all that is 'more' important. To look 'toner' one has to shed layers of fat, that's all it is. Best way to lose fat is to build more muscle and HIIT cardiovascular training.
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Body re-composition...which is what Im doing. And yes it is a slow process but I dont want to gain! I cant wrap my mind around the idea of gaining to turn around and lose again. I know its a slow process but I got time. Just lift. I lift 3 days a week and cardio for 2.
  • _runbitchrun
    _runbitchrun Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • lisab64mfp
    lisab64mfp Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Definitely possible to do (even in your late 40s)... I did the weight lifting portion of ChaLEAN Extreme (90 day program) about a year after hitting my goal weight and lost well over 9" on the important areas (hips, thighs, stomach/waist) and didn't lose a single pound.

Good luck!!!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I've been at the same weight for a year and have lost 2" on my waist and 3" at my hips. Just walking and sitting all day on a Pilates ball. Everyone is correct that faster and better is lifting. But this works if you're patient.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Body re-composition...which is what Im doing. And yes it is a slow process but I dont want to gain! I cant wrap my mind around the idea of gaining to turn around and lose again. I know its a slow process but I got time. Just lift. I lift 3 days a week and cardio for 2.

This is basically what I am doing. I have been around the same weight for the past year but my body is looking much more toned since I have started lifting about 6 months ago. I'm losing inches but staying basically the same weight.