Need Help getting Motivated...

Options
Good evening,

I started at 253 lbs (18 stone) and now im down to 191lbs (13 stone and 10 lbs) -

Recently i have lost all motivation, and feel useless and feel like giving up...

i see the scale going down, but when i look in the mirror i see the same figure...

What keeps everyone else going?

Replies

• FollowYourArrow8
    FollowYourArrow8 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Do you take pictures & measurements? It's hard to see a difference when you look in the mirror but when you see side-by-side pictures, that's when you see the change.

I have posted by my treadmill a picture of me and my friends at the beach..all my friends are wearing bikinis and I'm wearing an oversized t-shirt and boardshorts and I was miserable and embarrassed. That's my motivation when I don't want to workout =)
  • skinnysushicat
    skinnysushicat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    The thought of being here to see my kids grow up
    Seeing my parents struggle with weight-related illness
    PLanning what to wear next christmas / birthday / holiday
    Wanting to feel like 'myself' again
    Wanting my family to be really impressed and amazed
    My husband
  • Unfledgedkitty
    Unfledgedkitty Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Do you take pictures & measurements? It's hard to see a difference when you look in the mirror but when you see side-by-side pictures, that's when you see the change.

I have posted by my treadmill a picture of me and my friends at the beach..all my friends are wearing bikinis and I'm wearing an oversized t-shirt and boardshorts and I was miserable and embarrassed. That's my motivation when I don't want to workout =)

Thank you for that post :)

sadly not - i should of taken a picture when i first started... my problem i suppose is not giving myself enough credit... and i know exactly what you mean about the t-shirt and that... i've had a few of those pictures and want to hide... im going to do that thanks :D
  • Unfledgedkitty
    Options
    The thought of being here to see my kids grow up
    Seeing my parents struggle with weight-related illness
    PLanning what to wear next christmas / birthday / holiday
    Wanting to feel like 'myself' again
    Wanting my family to be really impressed and amazed
    My husband

Thanking you for the post :D - i see where your coming from :)

i think i have lost sight of the bigger picture... Thanks :D
  • madisunbaker
    Options
    ah, yes, we all eventually have this problem! I actually just started a group for this particular reason! I would love to support you anytime, so i sent a friend request your way!

just remember to keep your head held high and that if you do your best, the results you are craving for will come your way! nothing happens right away, so it may take some time to get the figure you want. but trust me, it is all worth it in the end!

and if you need more motivation, join my newly formed group: Official Support Group
  • Unfledgedkitty
    Options
    ah, yes, we all eventually have this problem! I actually just started a group for this particular reason! I would love to support you anytime, so i sent a friend request your way!

just remember to keep your head held high and that if you do your best, the results you are craving for will come your way! nothing happens right away, so it may take some time to get the figure you want. but trust me, it is all worth it in the end!

and if you need more motivation, join my newly formed group: Official Support Group

Thank you for the add! :)

I will try find your newly formed group right now :)
  • FollowYourArrow8
    FollowYourArrow8 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    No problem!

Keep going. Trust me, it's SO worth it in the end.

If you quit now, this time next year you'll be kicking yourself for stopping.
  • blaizemcknight
    blaizemcknight Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was dieting and exercising for a long time and saw no results. I started drinking a nutrition shake and since then I have lost weight no problem. It was hard to stay motivated when I had no results. But adding this healthy shake helped me alot! I'm down a pant size in two weeks!
  • jlhudsons
    jlhudsons Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi sweetie! We KNOW it took a LONG time to put our weight on and it WILL take time to get it off BUT don`t give up! There are many here to support you and one day when you look in that mirror you will see a BIG smile "looking" back at you! We all have that battle but WE can do it! Hang in! Results WILL show up. God Bless.:happy: