Already feeling defeated

Options
I want to get healthy so bad but I don't know how to get past my fears about how others view me. I honestly am beginning to feel like I'm a lost cause when it comes to recovery. I just want to be happy and healthy. I hate eating disorders.

Replies

• madisunbaker
    Options
    how to get past your fears:

just remember that it is your life, not theirs.

their thoughts toward you do not affect you unless you let them.

and believe in yourself! you can't get very far with a defeated attitude!

we are all in this together! if you need more support just message me! xx:flowerforyou:
  • PeacefulBalance
    PeacefulBalance Posts: 473 Member
    Options

we are all in this together! if you need more support just message me! xx:flowerforyou:

Thank you so much! You're very sweet!! I appreciate it a ton!
  • madisunbaker
    Options

no problem! you are a beautiful girl who shouldn't let other people's opinions ruin your self worth!:heart:
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    You're never a lost cause. Never. Let me repeat this: NEVER.

Struggle? Sure, who doesn't. FAIL days? Of course, we all have them. Days when you feel lost in the process? Yup, been there done that. Lost cause? OH HELL NO.

Go to your mirror, and repeat this, OUT LOUD: I AM NEVER A LOST CAUSE.

Because, you know, you are not a lost cause. Ever.

I promise.
  • kevinwalk69
    kevinwalk69 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Please try to hang in there. I find the older I get the more I realize most people arent thinkking about me anyway. Try to concentrate on yourself. Hope this helps Kevin
  • PeacefulBalance
    Options

no problem! you are a beautiful girl who shouldn't let other people's opinions ruin your self worth!:heart:

Thank you, you're beautiful and very very sweet! I definitely struggle with that but am working on it!
  • PeacefulBalance
    Options
    You're never a lost cause. Never. Let me repeat this: NEVER.

Struggle? Sure, who doesn't. FAIL days? Of course, we all have them. Days when you feel lost in the process? Yup, been there done that. Lost cause? OH HELL NO.

Go to your mirror, and repeat this, OUT LOUD: I AM NEVER A LOST CAUSE.

Because, you know, you are not a lost cause. Ever.

I promise.

Thank you SOOOO SO SO much! That meant a lot to me and I seriously appreciate it.
  • sladamssr
    sladamssr Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    We can't always change the way others view us. But we can realize they aren't really looking anyway. We all at some point and time feel like we are getting looked at from a bad perspective or we're the strange one in the room. Really, no one is paying any attention to that new person in the room.

Also If they are they will have an opinion. Opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one and they are usually funny looking...

Just be free from the bondage/power you are giving others by allowing them to dictate how you feel about you. That's only for you to decide. Not them.
  • PeacefulBalance
    Options
    Please try to hang in there. I find the older I get the more I realize most people arent thinkking about me anyway. Try to concentrate on yourself. Hope this helps Kevin

It does help! Thank you! And you're right too, most people aren't thinking about you, they have their own stuff they're thinking about.
  • PeacefulBalance
    Options
    We can't always change the way others view us. But we can realize they aren't really looking anyway. We all at some point and time feel like we are getting looked at from a bad perspective or we're the strange one in the room. Really, no one is paying any attention to that new person in the room.

Also If they are they will have an opinion. Opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one and they are usually funny looking...

Just be free from the bondage/power you are giving others by allowing them to dictate how you feel about you. That's only for you to decide. Not them.

I really like how you out this into perspective! It helps me a lot and you are right! Thank you!
  • Unfledgedkitty
    Unfledgedkitty Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I want to get healthy so bad but I don't know how to get past my fears about how others view me. I honestly am beginning to feel like I'm a lost cause when it comes to recovery. I just want to be happy and healthy. I hate eating disorders.

I know exactly how you feel. I saw diagnosed with depression about 2 maybe 3 years ago. And well I got rock bottom, put on allot of lbs... About 70+, comfort ate, hated myself... And thought the same I'm a lost cause... But this isn't about me...

Just to say to you that you are certainly not a lost cause. As people have said before me. You are a beautiful person on the inside and out. You will make so many people happy and feel good about themselves. The only advice I can give you is to keep smiling, and know that you are so important to so many people.

All the best and we are here to support you if you need it. :)
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    You should check out Dr Burn's The Feeling Good Book. It changed my life.

I would just ask myself, "What would it mean if people judged me poorly?" I'd answer myself, "It just means they're judgmental."

I really don't care what people think of me. They just better treat me nice or I'm outta there.
  • crissi725
    crissi725 Posts: 82
    Options
    In the end....so what if someone ever thought something bad about you? Is it true? No? Well, then they are incorrect. You can't keep the whole neighborhood clean. You can only tend to your own front yard.
  • RebeccaLockwood78
    RebeccaLockwood78 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey hon.

We're all in this together. It's how you see yourself that is the most important thing. We've all/ are/ have been there.

Hitting resistance or obstacles just means you are moving forward which is great. When I hit a big old door, I just know that's because there is something wonderful waiting on the other side, you just have to push a bit harder to move the damn thing.

You've got friends around the world all pushing towards the same goal. Come join the party! :)
  • PeacefulBalance
    Options

I know exactly how you feel. I saw diagnosed with depression about 2 maybe 3 years ago. And well I got rock bottom, put on allot of lbs... About 70+, comfort ate, hated myself... And thought the same I'm a lost cause... But this isn't about me...

Just to say to you that you are certainly not a lost cause. As people have said before me. You are a beautiful person on the inside and out. You will make so many people happy and feel good about themselves. The only advice I can give you is to keep smiling, and know that you are so important to so many people.

All the best and we are here to support you if you need it. :)

Thank you so much this definitely made me smile. I'm here to support you as well! Can always add me :)
  • PeacefulBalance
    Options
    You should check out Dr Burn's The Feeling Good Book. It changed my life.

I would just ask myself, "What would it mean if people judged me poorly?" I'd answer myself, "It just means they're judgmental."

I really don't care what people think of me. They just better treat me nice or I'm outta there.

Very true and I will check out that book! Thank you!!!
  • PeacefulBalance
    Options
    In the end....so what if someone ever thought something bad about you? Is it true? No? Well, then they are incorrect. You can't keep the whole neighborhood clean. You can only tend to your own front yard.

This is very true. I guess that since I'm never happy with my body (always want better) I look to others and hope it's good enough.
  • PeacefulBalance
    Options
    Hey hon.

We're all in this together. It's how you see yourself that is the most important thing. We've all/ are/ have been there.

Hitting resistance or obstacles just means you are moving forward which is great. When I hit a big old door, I just know that's because there is something wonderful waiting on the other side, you just have to push a bit harder to move the damn thing.

You've got friends around the world all pushing towards the same goal. Come join the party! :)

Thank you so much!! You're so sweet and made me smile!! :)