Time of month cravings!!!

Options
megnay
megnay Posts: 65 Member
I usually have pretty good will-power, especially recently now that I've been getting all the nutrition I need. But as soon as my hormones start going crazy... I literally will eat anything and everything. I honestly just ate a spoonful of peanut butter followed by 3 pickles followed by a handful of chocolate almonds followed by a chicken finger. This does not make sense to me when my hormones are normal. So ladies, how do you control your hormonal cravings???

Replies

• marleyskye05
    marleyskye05 Posts: 138
    Options
    Ugh I am looking for an answer myself as of right now :/ I am of no help but I sympathize.
  • megnay
    megnay Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Ugh I am looking for an answer myself as of right now :/ I am of no help but I sympathize.
    Sympathy is good too :) Glad I'm not alone. It's horrible! I don't feel TOO bad, as I've eaten well all week, but it's still frustrating to feel totally out of control. I tried denying myself and was so uncomfortably craving that I just HAD to give in. It was making me angry lol HANGRY
  • strutdivastrut
    strutdivastrut Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Lol.My hormones go crazy a week before i crave sweets. Eat more protein it helps.
  • raintail8
    raintail8 Posts: 18
    Options
    Totally get this- what you eat is pretty small compared to me… Ugh. Maybe try lots of bubble gum? That's my plan, anyways. Sorry if that isn't very much more help. You are so not alone :)
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Working out helps control bloat and cravings for me. I keep dark chocolate kisses on hand for chocolate cravings with something I'm not going to binge out on. Extra sleep helps, too.
  • nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I keep tons of Halloween-sized chocolate bars on hand.

My goal is 1900 cals a day. I fit in a 500+ calorie snack before bed most days (I work afternoons and am up all night). During my TOTM I fit in all kinds of weird things in that snack and it works for me!
  • jgbones
    jgbones Posts: 6
    Options
    I feel you!! Not just PMS cravings but bizarre weird cravings at the most RANDOM times. The worst!!! Last week it was gummy cherries. I would not stop til I got them..like, an entire day's worth of a craving. It was horrible. Eating one or two never makes me feel any better...I just feel defeated. SO I try to remind myself how I'll feel afterwards = no closer towards my goal. If it's in the evening, I will just go up to my bedroom and lay down because food isn't allowed in bed. Napping. Running. Going for a walk without cash in my pocket. Texting someone. Chewing gum. Replacing it with something else. I'll say..."Ok, gummy cherries were never invented. What do you want instead? How about....an apple with cinnamon oooorrrr some strawberries?" It's not the same, but I feel a lot better when it finally passes.