Lacking Motivation

Options
JoyTN
JoyTN Posts: 28 Member
Just when I was feeling better about myself and motivated to go further, we get news at work that our department will no longer exist effective October of this year! I've been at the company for 14 years and really don't want to start over anywhere. I'm 47! There will be other jobs available there but they can't tell us what yet. I just hate living in limbo and not knowing. I'm TRYING very hard to look at this positively and think the change will be a good thing. It's going to be a GOOD thing! I hope! :ohwell:

Replies

• 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Yes let's hope it will be a good thing. Good attitude! I understand the fear. You can weather this. And it can be a time you will look back on with pride in yourself and how you handled it overall. Good luck!
  • hjblackburn26
    Options
    I'm sorry about the news about your department but it's good that you are keeping a good attitude about it. I'm going through a smiliar thing where I work. Our orthopedic office is being moved to a new building and new processes are happening. The 'powers that be' have decided that not all of the staff are needed when the office is moved even though the only thing changing is how appointments are made and how patients are checked out. Well, as you may guess it, I'm one of the ones that have been told that will be moved to another area of the hospital when the clinic moves. I will be going to an area that has no hands on patient care at all, which is what I do because I am a Medical Assitant. While I'm happy to still have a job, I'm heartbroken that I won't be with the collegues I have been with since I started. I was very upset at first, crying and beating myself up. While I'm still upset and not fully understanding the thought behind any of these so called changes I have decided to just go with it and whatever happens happens for a reason. That's what I thought for you when I read your post. I do wish you the best and pray that everything works out for you and the other people you work with.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    So the job news is messing with your motivation to eat right or workout?
  • 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Look at the positive side, you could be losing your job altogether. Your feet point forward for a reason. Good luck w/ your new position
  • JoyTN
    JoyTN Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm picking myself back up after the news from last week. This may end up being a great thing for me. I'll just have to wait and see. If not, I'll need to be in shape to pound the pavement looking for a new job! :smile: