Need A Fitness Pal 4 Accountability

Options
Hi,

I really need a fitness pal that won't let me slack off. When I try to stay focused with someone I know they always end up persuading me to eat the wrong thing. Once, a friend of mine just kept offering me a doughnut and kept bragging on how good they are. They are good friends but they suck as weight-loss partners.

Replies

• lisklaura
    lisklaura Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey! I feel that. Also, it totally doesn't help that I love food. I try to seriously limit eating out now. Which can make hanging out with friends hard. But I guess that's life. I'm getting into cooking which really helps. It makes me so much more aware of what goes into food and all the unnecessary fats and whatever that people sometimes use.
  • Cruellatina
    Cruellatina Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It ain't easy.. But it ain't impossible either! Let's motivate each other!
  • larisafox
    larisafox Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Larisa and I feel your pain. I've been working on this problem for years and I've never been happy with my weight. Finally I decided to be happy with my weight, but I have to be healthy too so I'm very committed to working with myfitnesspal. I agree that cooking is gonna hold the key to eventual weightloss... it has to because I don't think exercise does by itself. I always thought that if I exercised regularly I'd be strong and maybe not thin, but at least healthy. I have recently been convinced that this is not the case and you need both to have good health. I'm hoping that through myfitnesspal I'll be able to learn to balance both.
  • jcm6970
    jcm6970 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello! My name is Chey. I really need an accountability buddy too. I live alone and work full time so getting food out is easier than just making food at home. Most of my family is heavy, so I've just gotten used to it. However, I really need to lose some weight for my health and so I can just physically feel better. I would love to make a group where everyone can be accountable online because I feel like that's going to be the best way! Let me know if you're interested!!

:bigsmile:
  • venus32875
    venus32875 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hello, my name is Tracey. Like so many others, I love food and hate exercise. I've only struggled with my weight as an adult but that struggle has become a health issue. I recently had a blood test that showed my glucose level was too high. My mom, grandmother & grandfather all have/had diabetes. I don't want to have that same diagnosis. It's time for me to get serious about my weight loss and I'm going to need all the help and support I can get.

I've added a group if anyone is interested in joining it to help keep each other motivated. Group name is: Time To Get Serious!