Weird question

Options
Ok this is gonna sound kinda wierd but after I eat sometimes my stomach hurts like im havent eaten anything all day. Every meal I eat is usually around 300-400 calories so I know shouldnt be still hungry but there are times when i keep eating because I feel so hungry still. Does anyone else have things like that happen it seems to happen to me quiet often

Replies

• SweetPea120
    SweetPea120 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I used to feel that way, and found out I was producing too much acid in my stomach. My dr put me on a protonic. Have you tried Tums or something similar to see if that helps?

Is it also possible that you may be eating too quickly so your body doesn't feel full by the time you're done with your meal? It takes about 20 min for your brain to register that your stomach is full. I know that I eat much more quickly than I should. I'm trying to take much smaller bites, and wait about 1 minute in between each bite. It's difficult, but I feel more full when I'm done with my meal.

BTW...keep up the great work on your weight loss!!!
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    it could be what you are eating and or are you drinking water. I know it seems like everyone has a gulten allergy these days but one is the symptoms is upset stomach and considering that you can't escape gulten unless you are trying to avoid it, perhaps it's something to consider. If not try drinking a cup of water before and after a meal and see if that changes things.
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Thirst has the same hunger pains as being hungrey,drink water before & after meal.[cup,8 oz.] If that isn't it go see a nutricanist. for a review of eating habits.:wink:
  • pammilou
    pammilou Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I actually just read an article from Jillian Michael about something like this, leptin resistance. http://www.jillianmichaels.com/fitness-and-diet-tips/leptin-resistance?xid=nl_LosingItWithJillianMichaels_20110104

Maybe that is what's going on?

Pam
  • gdotman
    gdotman Posts: 64
    Options
    I don't know if this will answer your question or not, but I was a big eater and now that I'm trying to eat the 5-6 meals a day my stomach hurts to cause it's shrinking.
  • gayleehal
    Options
    I know what you mean. For me it used to be too high a sugar content, would just make me feel hungrier. Like no full switch. You have to find things that fill you up and make you feel satisfied as well. I eat very high protein and no sugar now, but also lots of whole grain stuff like brown rice, steel cut oatmeal and veggies like sweet potato.
  • adamtall
    adamtall Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    i drink water all day long especially during meals and ive been trying to eat more whole grains so maybe it is my stomach shrinking because i use to be a big big eater, cooks hated when i went into an all you can eat anything :) it would be kinda nice if that was the case :)