How often do you work out?

Options
I was wondering how many days a week do you workout? I just started on here, and have been working out every day, I'm not sure I would be with in my calories if I didn't. I've always heard you need at lease one day of rest, I'm just worried about the calories on the day I don't workout.

Replies

• bhelmreich
    bhelmreich Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I work out everyday too! I do not do the same routine. For example, if I work legs and arms one day I'll do back and abs the next.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I workout 6 days a week and rest on Sunday. Sometimes I do more than 1 workout on those 6 workout days.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I try to work out or do some type of physical activity every day.
    If I can't make a day here or there I don't stress about it.
    I have been sidelined due to toe surgery for the past two weeks, so I haven't been able to do cardio. I have also been having a hard time staying under calories.
    Try to remember to eat some protein for breakfast, fiber fiber fiber. Helps to keep you full for longer with less calories.
    And get your water!
    Hope that helps.
    Steph
  • BringOn2011
    Options
    Everyday 3x a day!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I try to do *something* every day. 6 day/week it's a more structured, intense workout, and then on my rest day I try to just go walking around the neighborhood casually.

Regarding rest days, I've heard that daily cardio is actually good for you, as long as you're not over-doing it (so walking a mile or two a day is great - but don't try running as far as you can until you exhaust yourself every day!)
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    I do 6 day/week. Gym in the morning and P90x at night.
  • fasttrack27
    Options
    4-6 days a week (varies), occasionally twice (like today) when there is a certain class/instructor I want at the gym. With a small hobby farm and other hobbies I also do a lot outside I dont count as workouts (but should)
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Rest days are very VERY important to your overall health. Honestly- don't worry about being within your cals every single day- in fact on rest days I intentionally go about 100-250 over- its good for your body in the long run.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    I work out every other day as I have knee issues.I need the rest days.But i`m always doing something around the house also,so I`m still getting ex.
  • barbosa22
    barbosa22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Six dayz a week. Rest on Sunday
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I agree with meggonkgonk. It's good for your body to have a little jolt here and there, but if you are concerned, workout a little longer a couple days a week and don't eat those exercise calories back on that day so you can save them for your rest day.

For example: If you are going to be over by 300 calories if you didn't work out. Exercise an extra 100-150 calories 2-3 days that week and save those calories to eat for the day you rest.

Hope that helps!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I try to do *something* every day. 6 day/week it's a more structured, intense workout, and then on my rest day I try to just go walking around the neighborhood casually.

Regarding rest days, I've heard that daily cardio is actually good for you, as long as you're not over-doing it (so walking a mile or two a day is great - but don't try running as far as you can until you exhaust yourself every day!)

One clarification - with the rest days, daily cardio is supposed to be good, but you do need time-off between weight-training (or alternate what muscle groups you're targeting if you lift on multiple days in a row) - this is because muscle needs time to repair itself between sessions. That's not an issue with cardio.
  • aanaya56
    aanaya56 Posts: 136
    Options
    I use to workout daily.... But now because of my different schedules I try working out 3-4xs a week...
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

I agree, I don't just lay around on rest days...I don't know why, but those "little" workouts I don't even count, lol. I know they are calories burned, but since it is not part of my intense exercise program, I normally don't count it as a workout. I know, I'm weird. But hey, burning about 200 extra on rest day has helped me shed some body fat in the past even without "counting" it.
  • reese1206
    reese1206 Posts: 229
    Options
    7 Days a Week

Saturday through Thursday...Intense...Everyday cardio and 3 days Weights
    Friday.....Stretch Dvd and a Brisk walk