Snacking!

Options
Ahhh.. Snacking. I love snacking throughout the day! But it really sucks when at the end of the day you've went over in both carbs and sugar because of those pesky snacks. What low-carb, low-sugar and low calorie snacks do you munch on? Please share!

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Ahhh.. Snacking. I love snacking throughout the day! But it really sucks when at the end of the day you've went over in both carbs and sugar because of those pesky snacks. What low-carb, low-sugar and low calorie snacks do you munch on? Please share!
    The trick is to pre-log everything for your day, including your snacks. That way, if you are trying to hit macros, you can adjust your snacks as necessary.
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Cheese sticks, hard boiled eggs, greek yogurt, pickles, veggies with dressing as a dip, homemade salsa with a few chips, Skinny Cow caramel truffle ice cream bars, Skinny Cow chocolate peanut butter crisp bars, sugar free jello with reduced fat cool whip or whipped cream, chocolate skim milk, sugar free hot apple cider, a small portion of nuts.

Make your own frozen yogurt by putting greek yogurt cups in the freezer. Frozen banana slices are healthy and let's you control the carbs by having just a couple without having to worry about wasting the rest.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem...I snack all day...almonds, peanut butter....NOT low calorie....not much lowy calorie and low carb that I have found:( As Sharon said, sugar free jello if you can stomach it?
  • brokentide
    brokentide Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    These are usually my options: Sun-dried tomatoes (my fave), spinach (one by one out of a bag...somehow it's more palatable for me than eating it raw as a part of a salad), sliced/canned mushrooms with some seasoning or a tbsp of hummus mixed in, baby corn, etc. :)
  • chocolatexxmintt
    chocolatexxmintt Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I really like snacking keeps me for splurging between meals but the sugar and carbs is outrageous.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Why are you so worried about going over on sugar and carbs? Do you have blood sugar problems?
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    +1 for pre-logging

Snack Ideas: Hard-boiled eggs, light string cheese, Greek yogurt
  • chocolatexxmintt
    chocolatexxmintt Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Diabetes runs in my family, and a couple of days ago my mother got diagnosed. I have my sugar dropping or going to high and I would really like to control it and lose weight so that I am not the next member of my family to be diagnosed with diabetes.
  • tjl2329
    tjl2329 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Carrots, my favorite is graham crackers 2 with just a little bit of peanut butter and fruit spread. Fiber one bars 90 cal. And fruit with sugar free cool whip or even other lower fat whip is yummy. I also like cottage cheese or unsweet oatmeal with fruit godd with a tablespoon of dried cranberries and nuts. Snap pea crisp are also good.