SBF Fitness Challenge. . .August 13th

Options
Morning everybody!

today's goals:

water, vits, bikram and locating my positive attitude.

Happy workouts to all!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Morning everybody!

today's goals:

water, vits, bikram and locating my positive attitude.

Happy workouts to all!:flowerforyou:
  • AlisonMCross
    AlisonMCross Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Going to try the Bodyattack class at Goodlife tonight. It's intense... so I'm a bit nervous.
    I spoke to my trainer last night about my eating habits. So today I am starting to record all my food and eating 6 small meals.

It's going to be a good day! :flowerforyou:
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Options
    I am up 3lbs this morning- It has been a week since last weigh in and I have been recording everything and exercising- so it is a bit of a bummer to say to least.

But I am not giving up. I just wonder if I should really be eating all the exercise calories or not....

Anyway this morning was Cardio (only 17 min) and 30 minutes of wts
    Tonight is yoga.

Tomorrow is my AM run- going for an hour run this time. Then abs and pushups.
    Walk in the evening.

I am trying to eat 5-6 smaller meals. And I am trying to plan my food the day before and record it then and then change it if changes occur. This is helping me plan the meals and calories. It takes time but I hope it will be well worth it. I have a wedding in Oct and really would like some weight off for Oct for sure. Either way, I will be more fit given my workouts, I think.

I am also working on my goal and reward chart soon! I think that will be a good motivator and maybe better for me than the scale right now. I have GAINED since I have been doing this site..yikes!

Despite it all I really am feeling positive and hopefully about it all. I think it will all come together at some point as long as I keep tweaking it.

Have a great Wednesday everyone! and thanks for being there.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you V. Didn't like the look of the ultrasound? I don't think they are very artistic either, but I wouldn't want to hear that.

One of the interesting things I read in my latest book (What to Eat), was that if you eat more meals, you will eat more. Whether or not it's true for everyone, I don't know, but it's true for me. I was very happy to read that because the latest trend seems to be to eat every few hours to keep your blood sugar in check. That wasn't working for me. My blood sugar is normal. It was reassuring to have someone say, you can eat 3 meals a day. I do 3 and one snack. I'm not saying your PT is wrong alolsen; it might be the best thing for you, but your post just reminded me of it and I wanted to share.

So anyway, I did the elliptical, an uphill walk, and an outside after dinner walk. It's only going to be in the high 90s the next week, yeah! Today is weights, yoga, and walking.
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Options
    alolsen97- I am interested to know what advice your trainer gave about meals. Did they say protein plus complex carbs, smaller meals, 5-6 times a day? Or was it even more specific?? Congrats on your progress. I can use any advice you have right now!

Thanks.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I am up 3lbs this morning- It has been a week since last weigh in and I have been recording everything and exercising- so it is a bit of a bummer to say to least.

But I am not giving up. I just wonder if I should really be eating all the exercise calories or not....

You could take off a portion of your exercise calories if you are not wearing a HRM. For many people the burn is more in the charts and on the machines. It won't account for the 3 lbs - that's more likely something else going on.
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    This morning I did Zumba, Tae Bo, and shred level 2. Thats all I plan on doing! Plus keeping my eating in line!

I think I will change my goal to instead of losing 8 lbs which will bring me to 194, I will try to make 192lbs or even 190lbs! When we first started this one I weighed in at 202lbs and now im at 199lbs. As long as I can keep my eating in line I should be able to make it!
  • AlisonMCross
    AlisonMCross Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    alolsen97- I am interested to know what advice your trainer gave about meals. Did they say protein plus complex carbs, smaller meals, 5-6 times a day? Or was it even more specific?? Congrats on your progress. I can use any advice you have right now!

Thanks.

We only did a quick session on my food... we are going to do a more extensive one in the future. But these are the points she gave me for now...

She said breakfast is a must.

2litres of water a day.

Include protein at each meal
    She said for the weaker forms of protein (ex. beans), eat a complex carb with it. I'm still not sure exactly what that does, I'm going to have her go over it again with me next week.

She said stay away from the low fat stuff. Fat is good for you in moderation (hence the smaller portions). The chemicals in the low fat foods can be more damaging than the fat in the full fat foods.
    This is going to be tough for me, as I've always turned to the low fat option. But since It's really never changed my weight in the past, it may be what has been so damaging to my body.

She also said to stay away from processed foods. I tend to bring lean cuisines to work cause they are quick and easy.

Plan your meals. She said to have 6 meals a day. Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Snack, Dinner, Snack.
    Make your breakfast, lunch and dinner a little smaller than you would normally have and your snacks a little bigger. This will help keep your metabolism working steadily throughout the day.

I'll post more as Iearn more.

Hope this helps a little
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,
    The last two days have been too crazy to post. I did not do well on eating and I didn't get much exercise in. Today will be better. I did go swimming yesterday, which was a good work out. I think my mom said she is going to do one of the BL DVD's with me in a little while I will still do it if she doesn't. I am also going shopping with my sisters tonight.
    I did not lose any weight last challenge which was very disappointing for me. Duh! And I'm not going to lose any this time for obvious reasons. It will be awhile before I see the 140's again. :laugh: Everything is going okay and I feel the stretching pains in my tummy already!
    I will try to post again tomorrow. We are going to Sea World tomorrow so I should be able to get a good work out!
    Talk to you all later!
    Melissa
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    She said for the weaker forms of protein (ex. beans), eat a complex carb with it. I'm still not sure exactly what that does, I'm going to have her go over it again with me next week.

That might be the notion of combining foods for "complete protein". Most plant foods contain only a subset of the amino acids that we require, while animal sources tend to contain all of them. So beans and legumes combined with grains (like bread, corn, rice) make "complete protein". It used to be believed that this combination had to occur at the same meal to be effective, so vegetarians like myself were always lectured about getting beans AND rice, etc, at the same meal, or we wouldn't be getting enough protein.

More recent research has shown that this isn't really necessary. Eating a variety of foods over the course of the day is adequate, and most Americans get a lot more protein than is really required anyway. If you are very athletic or trying to build muscle, you need more, and some people feel like they function better with more. But it's not that hard to get "enough" for normal activities.
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    Hey guys... Today has been an extremely busy day, but I managed to find some time for Shred Level 2.