Losing 12 lbs by the end of the summer

Options
Hello all! I am on a permanent get healthy weight loss journey. So far I have lost, in total 48lbs. It took me a year and a half but I did it! this summer I want to lose an addition 12lbs and I also want to start getting toned and fit. I want to know how I should go about it? I originally ate 1800 calories a day. Im 19 so my metabolism is decent and I excerise 4-6 times a week. I NEED TIPS! Im also going home for the summer (i just finished my freshman year of college) and I will be working a lot so how can I stay in shape?

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Why the deadline? It sounds like you're doing great so far, so just continue your permanent "get healthy weight loss journey".

Also, tips for "toned": resistance training of some sort (and not losing your remaining weight too fast).
  • cutSplut
    cutSplut Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm sure you know this, but make sure you know your TDEE, and everyday eat 20% lower.

"toning" is a made up fitness industry buzzword. what you want to do to gain some muscle! Squatting and compound resistance exercises.

As for it being summer and all, there's more than likely gonna be temptations to party, thus drink alcohol. If you go to the website lean gains .com, there is a great guide on drinking every once in a while and not f^7%king up your weight loss.

Good luck. :D
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you know this, but make sure you know your TDEE, and everyday eat 20% lower.
    With only 12 lbs to lose, TDEE - 20% might be a bit aggressive at this point. Especially if OP wants to lose only fat (not lean mass) and have a "toned" look.