i am 10 pounds over my ideal weight

Options
Hello all. I have been fully recovered from Anorexia for over a year and when going to visit my doctor I was applauded by how well I am doing but she is concerned because I am 164 pounds and my ideal weight is around 150-154 pounds. She has set me to lose 1 pound per week. I told her I am sedentary so she suggested I go for a 500 calorie per day deficit. If I lose a pound per week towards the middle of August I could be 150 pounds and she says that will make her pleased as m y family sadly does has a tendency to be overweight and she does not want me to go from one extreme of an ED to another extreme of being overweight.

I am wondering however if I I exercise 5 days a week for 40 minutes with cardio or weights and net 1,200 calories MFP tells me that I can lose 1.6 pounds per week or 8 pounds by June 14 th. I am wondering what your thoughts are and what I should do?

Replies

• salbunnylettuceleafyexley
    Options
    i would not worry about being 10 pounds overweight, better to be 10 pounds overweight than 10 pounds underweight, u will never fully recover from an eating disorder and i don't think the dr knows what they are doin if they are complaining u are only 10 pounds overweight, this could put u over the edge again, i suggest a second opinion