Hit a Bit of A Wall

Options
Hi all.

I started to lose weight about a year ago.
I weighed 105kg.
As a chef my aim was to lose weight without drastically changing my eating habits, I cut out bingeing and snacking every night and began cycling to work.
All was going great, I managed to lose 15kg and get down to around 90kg just before Christmas.
My cycling went from a 3 mile each way commute upbto a 10 mile each way.
I got hooked on cycling, even going on 25mile plus rides on my day off.

Christmas hit, along with wet weather so I could not get on my bike so much also I started eating more.
After christmas I weighed in around 94kg. This was a blow as before christmas I had just bought a whole new wardrobe etc.
Anyhow I am now back on the bike and have got to the 90kg area again although I am not progressing any further, this is mostly due to snacking on my evenings off work, because I am currently riding 80 miles a week.
It is getting a bit disheartening to be so active and not get below 90kg, I would also like to drop one more T-shirt size and be comfortably in large size also to be nearer a 34" waist, I am currently a 36".
Does anyone have any suggestions ?
Should I cycle more ?
Have I reached my body's "ideal" weight and should maybe concentrate on toning instead ?
Any tips, success stories etc would be appreciated

Thanks

Replies

• tracya04
    tracya04 Posts: 15
    Options
    The snacking can't be helping, but have you tried a different form of exercise? From doing a lot of reading it appears your body can get used to a certain type of exercise and sees it as normal activity. Try something new and see if it helps.

Good luck
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    On what are you snacking? I snack. Strawberries and granny smith apples are my favs. I also like low fat/low cal yogurt (they make key lime pie) and things such as that. Maybe you just need to rethink how you snack?

As for the other. Toning is awesome. I do abs every am and I look pretty fit around the middle.

Good luck!
  • lordjubblydave
    lordjubblydave Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies.
    I am Snacking on pretty much anything.
    My one rule for my diet was that I was not going to stop eating certain things, but just eat a bit more sensibly.

I think i will start some toning. I work in a gym so I have free membership, just rarely use it. I would rather get out on my bike in the world. I find gyms a bit boring and a chore.