True Motivation

memaw66
memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
What is your TRUE MOTIVATION? I mean when you fall off the wagon and you just feel like giving up, what is it deep inside you that makes you get up and dust yourself off and keep on going? I have fallen off the wagon so many times that I don't know how many times I can keep dusting myself off. Don't get me wrong, I haven't given up already, I'm only 2 days in, I'm just so afraid of the long road in front of me. I just need some serious encouragement and was wondering what some of you guys use to keep you going. Like TamTastic you are so inspiring, I was just wondering what keeps you motivated and how you do it without getting bored.

Memaw

Replies

• memaw66
    What is your TRUE MOTIVATION? I mean when you fall off the wagon and you just feel like giving up, what is it deep inside you that makes you get up and dust yourself off and keep on going? I have fallen off the wagon so many times that I don't know how many times I can keep dusting myself off. Don't get me wrong, I haven't given up already, I'm only 2 days in, I'm just so afraid of the long road in front of me. I just need some serious encouragement and was wondering what some of you guys use to keep you going. Like TamTastic you are so inspiring, I was just wondering what keeps you motivated and how you do it without getting bored.

Memaw
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    If I don't lose all the baby weight before we try to have another baby, I'm likely to get sick again. I don't want to be on bedrest again. I want to have a happy pregnancy.

And my 10 year reunion is this fall....

And of course that bikini that I wear, that I really just have a little too much "back real estate" for. That inner embarrassment of the way I look goes pretty far.
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    I've found that simply losing weight, getting smaller doesn't do anything for me. Sure, the compliments are nice, and I love feeling better, overall - but that's not what drives me.

I have to have specific goals - like swimming Alcatraz Shark Fest next summer, or climbing Half Dome - even (eventually) completing a triathlon. These are what drive me (I'm a teensy bit competitive - against myself, of course!) and I want to beat my last time, or run furtther, etc. :wink:
  • I have so many motivations, it's hard to choose my true motivation.

I suppose, though, the biggest is I'm tired of hiding in the shell this body has made for me. On the inside I am a happy, outgoing, and confident person who is strong and active. I want the inner me to finally show through. Sometimes I feel so discouraged, especially when I really look at myself in the mirror and I don't see the inner me at all. I think of all of the times I've messed up and it feels hopless.

I just remind myself that no matter what I do now time is going to pass, and where I am next year depends on what I do today. Everyday is a step closer, and before I know it I'll be there. I just have to stick with it! Each morning is a new chance to do well, not caring about whether I'll be able to do it tomorrow or if I messed up yesterday.
  • my true motivation.... its easy to say so i can look better etc get the chicks yeah yeah yeah, but the only real reason i'm doing it and same for quitting smoking, is so i can live as long and as full a life as possible for my son:brokenheart: since he wasn't able to
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    my true motivation.... its easy to say so i can look better etc get the chicks yeah yeah yeah, but the only real reason i'm doing it and same for quitting smoking, is so i can live as long and as full a life as possible for my son:brokenheart: since he wasn't able to

:brokenheart: hugs!!!!:brokenheart:
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    my true motivation.... its easy to say so i can look better etc get the chicks yeah yeah yeah, but the only real reason i'm doing it and same for quitting smoking, is so i can live as long and as full a life as possible for my son:brokenheart: since he wasn't able to

Sorry to hear about your loss! That's the best motivation ever!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Hey thanks! For me it's just the motivation of living a long life for my son and hopefully future children and their families. Plus, my mother and her mother died around the age of 50 and I don't want to make that a 3rd generation! I finally made the decision to be in control of food and to not be afraid of it anymore and to treat my body with respect. Food just isn't worth being unhappy and feeling bad about myself anymore. :smile:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member

That is absolutely TRUE motivation! I am sorry for your loss!!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    my true motivation is to live as long as I can and to do that I have to be as healthy as I can be....

my son needs me to:heart: and I can not even bare to think beyond my old age:noway: :frown: ...uh uh...no way!

SOOOO as he's progressing bless his heart, :love: his momma is gonna progress health wise, so I can be there for him all the way!...God willing:heart:

I mean of course I want to look good and feel good, I want to be skinny again...all that....my 40th is comin up and I make a lot of jokes about what I want to look like etc...but honestly....if I'm really really being honest....I'm scared of getting old and leaving him...SO I'm on a mission....be fit until my forevers! :laugh: .again....God willing!

HUGS!
    Ali :heart:
  • Zeii
    Zeii Posts: 89 Member
    The full length mirror is my motivation.
  • CrystalBella
    Mine is I want Jerimyah to play pro football, and since I expect to be a "football mom" I gotta be able to run around behind those kids. Also I want to have antoher 8kids or more. Either through pregnancy and adopting, so I gotta be able to keep up with those kids too. Lastly my true motivation is my back hurts from walkin around with these two bowlin balls on my chest! :ohwell:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    I want to be able to play with Ezzie, and grandchildren, for as long as possible!
  • memaw66
    Those are really good reasons but have any of you ever felt like just giving up and saying "forget it, it's too hard"? Am I the only one who ever feels that way???? Sometimes I just feel so defeated at this.
  • CrystalBella
    Those are really good reasons but have any of you ever felt like just giving up and saying "forget it, it's too hard"? Am I the only one who ever feels that way???? Sometimes I just feel so defeated at this.

I feel that way alot. Esp lately cause I've got alot of stress. I just put my big girl panties on (no pun intended) and next day keep it moving. Yes I could quit, yes I could eat another brownie temptation sundae, yes I could go have a whole bottle of wine. Though, that wouldn't be good for me. Jerimyah needs me around (his father isn't around) so I have to live for him. I'm not ever goin to give up on the most important person to me. I'd feel like I'm giving up on him if I'd quit. Esp after one tough day. We teach our children to look past it and try try again, right? So why can't we?

Whew that was alot. I'm goin to eat something.. :laugh:
  • all the time, but thats why you find something that will really motivate you. All good things in life are worth working for, and 99/100 times you have to work for it. so keep positive, even when there are setbacks, and use us all as a good support group:smile:

and thanks to everyone for the kind words about my son, i do appreciate it