Forward, back, and sometimes sideways.

Options
Ive been on and off this site for a year or two. I find people on here to be, well, like high school. Cliché, drama, and the whole my ways superior and everyone else is ignorant. I try to find people who are laid back, easy going, yadad yah, but due to my distractibility and, well my life, I am not always on here. I am prone to anxiety, and I eat when I panic. I get severe depression, and tend to eat and not move. Feel free to bring chocolate to my pity party.

3 years ago I decided to lose weight. It was so easy while I was obsessed. I counted every calorie. Every morsel. I went from 300 to 198 pounds. I was fit as a fiddle. I could run a mile in under 10 mins. Then, depression hit like a bull dozer. I was physically sick from it. I went back up to 220. I was miserable. Then a year ago I lost the 20 pounds and was fit again. Then I decided to move to Florida about 5 months ago. I have gained 30 pounds and cant seem to see the point of getting back in to the eating and fitness life style that I used to love so much. I pick Netflix marathon over walking/running/lifting. I buy bags of m&ms and eat them all. Its like some part of me wants to ruin all the work I have done.

I desperately would like people who will support me, by trashing my pity parties. I don't have people in my life that support this. In act I have people who are annoyed/frustrated/insulted/ and down right jealous by my quest to be healthy. The fact that I got as far as I did was from sheer will power. Now I need help.

I would like to start moving forward again. Not backwards or sideways anymore

Any takers?

Anyway, here are some sexy man pics

450_200_125.gif

Men.jpg

Replies

• KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    HI! My name is Kim and my weight loss journey began two years ago. I was at my heaviest (225) and things were not good. I couldn't keep up with my kids, I was tired all the time, and my doctor told me that my cholesterol was on the rise! I decided something needed to change. I started walking, and eventually doing some weight training. I am down over 65 pounds! I feel so much better, and I love supporting and encouraging people to do the same. I would be happy to be an accountability partner with you. I still have some weight to lose, so we can work at it together! Getting your nutrition under control is a big key to losing weight. I can share what has worked for me if you are interested. If you work hard, I know you can reach your goal! So what do ya say? Are you in? If so, add me as a buddy!
  • connieannw
    connieannw Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Your topic title hits the nail on the head. Don't be too hard on yourself when you are going back or sideways. Allow some time to reflect on the why and then kick yourself in the *kitten* and get going.

I'm hoping that Florida is a better place for you. Give yourself 6-12 months to adjust to the move there. Yes that means you may gain some weight back. Look further down the road. See yourself in one of those skinny *****e sundresses that everyone wears. I know you will do it becuase you already have.

This road is not easy. When life changes we loose focus on our health. Refocus the lense as best you can.

I started a new job and put on 15 pounds. Today I move forward instead of back.

Tomorrow I will not think about until it gets here.

One moment at a time.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,212 MFP Moderator
    Options
    LOL @ random man picks. Totally in!

Sun_Child, FR sent.