New here - new to everything!

Hi, my name is Staci...I am new MFP, and new to health and fitness in general! I just turned 33 and I don't know what has gotten into me, but I am suddenly wanting to make changes in my life and improve my heath and well-being! I have been doing a health/wellness program since January and the further I have gotten along with that, the more motivated I have become! I have not set any major goals in stone because I don't want to set myself up for disappointment. At this point, I just want to lose 15-20 pounds and tone up! I haven't had a chance to come on here and read any of the forums, but I am looking forward to becoming addicted to this site! Haha!

I have set up my FitBit to my phone and have been walking and doing light workouts at home. Tonight I am joining at the YMCA.

So excited!!

Replies

• I guess I didn't post right or something. No replies... :(
  • T_Ciku
    T_Ciku Posts: 133 Member
    Hi. I know what you mean about not setting any major goals for fear of disappointment. I've been exercising for a month now and I've always avoided setting any specific targets for myself because I have before and never reached them. That changed after a doctor's visit today though.
  • T_Ciku
    T_Ciku Posts: 133 Member
  • ashnicbro
    ashnicbro Posts: 26 Member
    Hi Stacy! I am new to fitness too! I don't have any major goals either..I just wanna lose my belly fat! Good luck with your journey!
  • Thank you! I'm excited to read everything on here - lol...I kinda haven't because there is SO much and SO LITTLE time lol. But today I've chosen to take the day off and I'm resting because I don't feel too great. I'm open to making new friends so feel free to add me if you haven't :) I'm kinda nervous about just adding people yet.
  • I'm new as well... Wanting to lose about 20 lbs and tone up before the summer is over! Good luck with your goals, work hard and you will achieve them!