It's my planned cheat ...

Options
bethira
bethira Posts: 132 Member
And I'll eat if I want to!

It's Mother's Day. I'm a mother. My girls bought some gorgeous steaks to grill tonight and my husband is making stuffed baked potatoes. I don't usually drink because it's hard to work that into my food plan. But today all that goes out the window ... with one exception. I'm logging it all. Every bite. This is a huge step for me. I usually don't log cheat days. I just cheat. But this time, I'm logging it all. And tomorrow, I will be back to normal.

So it started this morning with some cravings for donuts. So I WALKED to the bakery bought two lovely donuts and ate them guilt free. Then came the mimosas. As everyone knows, when you open the champagne, you have to finish it! So working my way through some OJ and champagne. And tonight I will have my steak and baked potatoes and I will love them and I will go well over my calorie count and macros today, but tomorrow, I will be back on track and I WILL NOT FEEL GUILTY. I've lost almost 20 lbs since January when I got back on track and I've earned a little fun.

My diary is open, feel free to follow me on my cheat day!

Replies

• hamo1987
    hamo1987 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    That is a life change, that s no diet that is a future full of success, cheers to you on mothers day! What a positive outlook on your life change, diets are for failure, life changes are for life!
  • mixtapes23
    mixtapes23 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day to you :flowerforyou: You're absolutely right to enjoy yourself and I hope you do x10!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Stalking - whoops I mean Following complete! Looks like it was a great day! At first I was thinking , What! Exercise?! Then I realized you walked to the donut store to get your treat. :laugh: Those steaks seemed yummy. Great logging!!
  • abrockhausen
    abrockhausen Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Happy Mothers Day..your day looked yummy. Sending you a friend request. I love your positive attitude!!
  • buzz3d269
    buzz3d269 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Well done on being honest to yourself! And I think you're right, you truly deserved it :) Hope it was a great day!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I had mine on Saturday. Yesterday was going to be too busy to go to that restaurant I had been craving for years, so we went on Saturday instead. I've only gained one pound on the scale too and even if it was fat (which is unlikely), it was totally worth it.