How to recover after a cheat day/overeating!

Options
2»

Replies

• fificrazy
    fificrazy Posts: 234
    Options
    recovery after a cheat day? did you get food poisoning?

Your digestion is probably slowed due to restriction. The body does that, it's a survival thing so it has time to suck out every last nutrient. OR it's all in your head because you feel guilty. Either way, food is harmless. Continue on with your life.
  • RioCollins2013
    RioCollins2013 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It won't ruin your diet if you dont let it. Just eat healthily for the next few days to balance it out, also dont ever cut food out! Even chocolate, just cut down. Ive lost over 2 stone doing this :)
  • Apocalypz
    Apocalypz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Move on. Eat like you would normally do and log it. We all have occasional days like this.
    Need I quote "this"? As long as cheat days don't become normal eating, then your body will work it out in a week or two on its own.
  • klaff411
    klaff411 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I had a cheat day not so long ago.

1 can of whipped cream
    1 bag of popped corn
    2 brownies

I wanted to die -- I was having sugar shock
  • carolinelock750
    carolinelock750 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just had a weekend away with friends. Ate the same as everyone else. I was feeling a bit guilty about it. But reading this I know i can crack on tomorrow and all is not lost. Thank you . x
  • karmac0matic
    karmac0matic Posts: 285
    Options
    i have some issues with mental recovery after cheat days. i spent the past two days saying "f-it!" about food and choosing to eat really high sugar, high calorie foods. i never went over my calories but i did have a lot more than i've been having the past few weeks.

it wasn't tough on me physically. in fact, i woke up this morning and admired myself and my bodily changes in the mirror. went for a walk and then for a 1.25 mile jog and it made me feel much better.

the only issue i've had has been the mental recovery. but even that's getting better as today goes on and i am making healthy choices rather than continuing my unhealthy ones.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I had a cheat 4 day weekend. Oh well. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Try some green/peppermint/ginger tea to help with digestion and the bloating. Try to get a bit of exercise in even if its just a walk as I find that helps to get everything moving.

I find cheat days good in a wasy as it reminds me how crap I feel after eating junkfood.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    i have some issues with mental recovery after cheat days. i spent the past two days saying "f-it!" about food and choosing to eat really high sugar, high calorie foods. i never went over my calories but i did have a lot more than i've been having the past few weeks.

it wasn't tough on me physically. in fact, i woke up this morning and admired myself and my bodily changes in the mirror. went for a walk and then for a 1.25 mile jog and it made me feel much better.

the only issue i've had has been the mental recovery. but even that's getting better as today goes on and i am making healthy choices rather than continuing my unhealthy ones.

I don't understand. Does that mean that you've been significantly eating under your calories in the past? Eating within your calorie limits doesn't seem like a "cheat" day.
  • pearus
    pearus Posts: 1
    Options
    It helps me reading others' comments and realizing I'm not the only one who cheats -- planned and unplanned. Tomorrow it's back on track day -- had almost talked myself out of it saying "I'll ease back into it. YEAH RIGHT:):):)" so will add some cardio in the am. Thanks everyone. pearus
  • karmac0matic
    karmac0matic Posts: 285
    Options

I don't understand. Does that mean that you've been significantly eating under your calories in the past? Eating within your calorie limits doesn't seem like a "cheat" day.

yes i have ednos. i am restrictive type. which means when i eat so my net is 0 (calories burned + metabolized daily) i now feel very full and uncomfortable.