Best Bridal Processional Song?

Options
What are your favorite songs for bride's to use for a processional?

I am debating between:
-"The Dress Looks Nice On You" by Sufjan Stevens
-"Thank You" by Led Zeppelin
-"Things Meant to Be" Xavier Rudd

Replies

• fallingtrees
    fallingtrees Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Anything but "Fat-Bottomed Girls."
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Things Meant To Be.

I've always thought All Of My Days by Alexi Murdoch would be a nice processional, but it's sad until the very end.
  • starttoday145
    Options
    Which of the songs means the most to you and your fiancee? That is the one you walk to- You look wonderful tonight was what I walked to because it meant something to my husband (of now 13 years) and I - the processional song can be a great way to share a private moment with your soon to be spouse during a public event. Just my two cents. Enjoy your special day and a life time of blessings to you both.
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I walked out to "I'll Follow You", by Shinedown. Everyone is different. :)
  • PriscillaLaine
    PriscillaLaine Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    It's probably a bit of a strange one, but if I ever get married I'd want it to be 'This is it' by Listener.

edit: Should probably explain why it's strange; it's hasn't really got any music behind it, and Listener are a spoken word band.
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    We will celebrate our 33 anniversary at the end of this month so of course I was very traditional, but right at the end of the recessional, when we got to the back of the church we had the organist throw in "Shave and a Haircut -2 Bits!" then right back into the other song, we heard the congregation crack up as we went out the door, just one of my fond memories of my wedding
  • AtticWindow
    AtticWindow Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I used Emiliee Autumn's "On A Day." Vitamin String Quartet and The Piano Guys were lifesavers for me since I had a lot of songs I wanted to use for pre-ceremony music, but I also wanted them to match the classical elements of my processional song; those two bands cover a ton of classic rock, punk, Top 40, etc., and were just perfect for my needs.
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I can't even remember mine. Blocked out that horrible mistake of a marriage. But my friend's recessional was to the music from Snoopy's happy dance. It so fit her perfectly!

For songs -- go with what means something to the two of you. Don't worry what others will think.

It is your day. Your memory. Your commitment to one another. So that's what matters. If you want Fire Water Burn from the Bloodhound Gang because you proposed to him while it was playing, go for it. LOL
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Sounds awful but I have to admit that, after nearly 36 years of a good and very happy marriage I cannot remember anything about my wedding service at all!!! It was a very pretty little church, only had close friends and family so small, apparently everyone really enjoyed the reception but as far as I'm concerned - blank - zilch, I remember nothing! :ohwell:

Whatever you choose I wish you and your partner as many years of happiness and mutual support as I have enjoyed :flowerforyou:
  • pr1ncessg1ory
    pr1ncessg1ory Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The Darth Vader song... I always wished I did that. Have the girls and guys walk down to something tradtiional, and then switch to that when you walk down. Silly... yes. Memories=forever. :)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Another One Bites The Dust- Queen.
    I've been to several weddings with that song in my head. If I ever get married I'm playing it at mine!

Mine is Who Wants to Live Forever. My husband is the only other person who gets the same feeling from that song that I do.

OP: Anything but The Wedding March by Felix Mendelssohn. Great composer, but that song makes me want to stab my ear drums with an ice pick.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Anything from The Lord of the Rings soundtrack
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    AC/DC - Highway to Hell

Tammy Wynette - D-I-V-O-R-C-E
  • InevitableButterfly
    InevitableButterfly Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Ænema - Tool
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    We ended up not having a big wedding and just got married by the magistrate, but it was going to be "She" by Elvis Costello.
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Commenting to save- want to listen to some of these!
  • BunnyMcFly
    BunnyMcFly Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    In to "When I'm 64" by the Beatles and out to "I've got the World on a String" by Frank Sinatra - fit us perfectly!

54554369.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods