Sleepy After Morning Workout!

Options
I have been working out in the morning before eating breakfast. I usually do 30-40 minutes of cardio or HIITs. I find that right afterwards I feel super tired like I just want to go to sleep. I sleep for 8 hours every night and I eat 2 eggs, a piece of fruit, and a slice of toast (100% whole wheat) after my workout. Right after breakfast I have my first green tea for the day. Is there any way I can go throughout the day without feeling super sluggish?

I could also work out in the evenings but I find that it gives me energy and compromises my sleeping pattern. I'm stuck in a bit of a rut over here. Any advice or ideas you guys can help me out with?

Replies

• JenniB619
    JenniB619 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    How long have you been doing it for? If you're just starting, sometimes it just takes the body a little getting used to. I'm at up 4:30 in the morning to do my workout - and sometimes I'm not going to bed til midnight. All I have for breakfast is shakeology and not feeling sleepy.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Eat more
  • birkona
    birkona Posts: 24
    Options
    How long have you been doing it for? If you're just starting, sometimes it just takes the body a little getting used to. I'm at up 4:30 in the morning to do my workout - and sometimes I'm not going to bed til midnight. All I have for breakfast is shakeology and not feeling sleepy.

I've been doing this for almost one month now.
  • birkona
    birkona Posts: 24
    Options
    Eat more

What else should I eat after 2 eggs, fruit and toast?
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I cant work out in the morning. it just does not work for me. I will be tired and confused all day. I work out at lunch.
  • abbyoncloud9
    abbyoncloud9 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me, sometimes I would even fall asleep in class. I felt great though. Now I work out after work in the mornings (i work nights) so its not a problem. I ate breakfast too so I don't really know what would have helped. :( I usually did get another energy burst later in the day so It all evened out.
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Eat more

What else should I eat after 2 eggs, fruit and toast?

Caffine :)
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein: meat, cottage cheese, yogurt, nuts.