Alpro Soya

Options
Lilith5
Lilith5 Posts: 99 Member
Does anyone drink Alpro Soya milk? What's your thoughts, any pros/cons to drinking instead of cows milk?

Replies

• Jacqsie
    Jacqsie Posts: 51
    Options
    I used to drink it as an alternative for milk when I was vegetarian but then stopped using alternatives when I became vegan 2 years ago. Alpro is good stuff, far better than puss filled cows milk and it's cruelty free too. Look up health benefits of alpro over milk and it will show you. Also look up China Study and watch it :) I never had a bad experience with alpro other than a few times it separated in my coffee and I used to loooove my coffee hahaa
  • Lilith5
    Lilith5 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Puss filled cows milk??? Thats disgusting!! I tried the mini chocolate drinks and they tasted lovely, so I might try the milk for my tea/coffee.
    I'll be sure to look that up and have a look later. Cheers Jacqs :)
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I don't drink milk as I'm a vegan (have been for 15 years). I use Alpro milks as I find them the best. Some soya milks curdle in coffee and tea I find alpro doesn't. What I find with non dairy milks is you need a variety. I use Alpro soya for milk and coffee. I use KoKo coconut or rice dream in Smoothies, soya light in cooking and sometimes Almond milk. My wife prefers almond milks. If you're going to use them it's worth experimenting. All these milks are a lot better than they were 10 or 15 years ago when some of them were just plain rank. As for the health benefits of non dairy over dairy I wont get into that discussion you'll hear views from both sides of the argument all I will say is do some proper research and don't just listen to random people on the internet.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I used to drink it as an alternative for milk when I was vegetarian but then stopped using alternatives when I became vegan 2 years ago. Alpro is good stuff, far better than puss filled cows milk and it's cruelty free too. Look up health benefits of alpro over milk and it will show you. Also look up China Study and watch it :) I never had a bad experience with alpro other than a few times it separated in my coffee and I used to loooove my coffee hahaa

Cows' milk is not full of pus.
  • chocciechip
    chocciechip Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I drink Alrpo, and coconut dream (and the almond milk one diamond something), but that's because I'm severely lactose intolerant. I am not a huge soya fan but alpro is alright! I use the alpro cream to make proper custard from vanilla/eggs and it's AMAAAZING tastes just like normal :)
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options

+1. The stuff is pasteurised anyway.

Soy milk: I'm sure in moderation, like most things, it would be fine...although more expensive where I live! My initial post contained something about phytoestrogens but I can't see much reputable online to back that up so I removed it. :)
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

This. Stop spreading misinformation and promoting fear of a perfectly healthy food product.

Sometimes, in very rare cases, a sick cow's milk may make it into facilities, but in the pasteurization process all bacteria and germs are killed off. So in the extremely unlikely event "puss" lol makes it into your milk, it is completely devoid of bacteria and is no more harmful than using a public restroom. Probably less so, come to think of it.

"Pus": an exudate, typically white-yellow, yellow, or yellow-brown, formed at the site of inflammation during infection.

"Puss": slang term for a part of the female anatomy :laugh:
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    Hasn't the China Study been debunked? A case of very selective bias data presentation that 'proved' the author's stance while ignoring the all the data that disagreed with that stance?
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options

it does

but I think the fact that cows milk = veal is more of a reason to not drink the *kitten*
  • cadaver0usb0nes
    cadaver0usb0nes Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Dairy cows and other dairy animals are treated very poorly and a lot of them are sick. Dairy cows babies get taken away and killed for veal meat. IF you want to drink cows milk please try to get it from a local humane dairy farm in your area. :)
  • prima073
    prima073 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Alpro tastes better than cows milk and I don't feel bloated when I drink it. :-)
  • afortunatedragon
    afortunatedragon Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I drink it, because I am lactose intolerant and is in my view the only option for tea and coffee.
    For my protein shake and baking I use hazelnut milk or almond milk.
    If nothing else is there, i use rice- or coconut milk, but not really to my taste, although rice milk from RiceDream is the best in case you want something without any added stuff.
    Alpro has several stuff added and is under suspicion to use GMO soy beans.
  • misdreagus
    misdreagus Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Alpro is soo yummy and guilt free, also doesn't give me a bad tummy like cow's milk used to before turning vegan.