Cheese please!!

Options
I LOVE cheese, in fact I'm addicted to cheese :) Does anybody know of "heathier" cheese's out there that actually taste good? 110 calories for a cube of chedder isn't so awesome! Thanks!

Replies

• tuduis
    tuduis Posts: 67
    Options
    Gosh I LOVE cheese!!! Definitely has been the most difficult one to say no too ;(
  • torrtorrr
    Options
    try the laughing cow cheese wedges they are AMAZZZING..garlic and herb is my personal favorite but to be honest they're all good. only 35 calories a piece and theyre pretty decent sized too! you can spread them on crackers or bread or dip vegetables in them. at shop rite they have these things called "pops" and theyre like these giant sort of rice cakes that are only 16 calories a piece! the cheese wedges are amazing on those as well. great low cal snack
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I love cheese and eat it everyday. I just use the reduced fat cheeses. Just maybe try and use a little less? Its easier if its shredded, or instead of a whole slice, use a half. If I'm eating cheese for a snack, I eat half a serving of crackers and 1 ounce of cheese.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I LOVE cheese, in fact I'm addicted to cheese :) Does anybody know of "heathier" cheese's out there that actually taste good? 110 calories for a cube of chedder isn't so awesome! Thanks!

Sargento has low fat cheeses in pepperjack and provolone.
  • sherryar
    sherryar Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love chedder cheese too and it has really been hard for me to give up. I have tried the Laughing Cow and it is very good but it is not chedder cheese. But I am willing to kick the chedder to the curb if that is what it takes to shed the lbs.
  • xxquzme
    xxquzme Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Low carb diet and you can have all the cheese that you want. There has to be a trade off to get the items that you desire.
  • sherryar
    sherryar Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks I am going to try that!
  • javamom
    javamom Posts: 309
    Options
    I sprinkle feta on my salads. Yum! Feels like more than it really is!
  • elyse0210
    elyse0210 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm a cheeseaholic too. I have to eat some form everyday. For snacks I eat the Laughing Cow light wedges which are really good. I usually spread them on Wheat Thins. Gives me my cheese fix. Also low sodium string cheese is yummy.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options

Sargento has low fat cheeses in pepperjack and provolone.

Sargentos pepper jack cheese is to DIE for!!! It's only 60 calories a slice.
  • kimcake
    Options
    I LOVE Laughing Cow. I've only tried the spreadable kind (delicious flavors) but they have those solid little round cheeses, too. I like feta in salads and it's awesome with scrambled eggs.
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Yum, thank you! I must go grocery shopping! I've been meaning to try laughing cow and I also didn't know that Sargentino's cheese had such less fat in some of their cheese's. Yippee!!
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Low carb diet and you can have all the cheese that you want. There has to be a trade off to get the items that you desire.

Tried that before I got married and although I lost the weight, I was miserable and gained it all back and thensome. I love carbs too much, lol
  • robinfrazer
    Options
    Laughing cow is a good choice. I also like Sargento's light string cheese. Another favorite of mine (probably my most favorite) is cabots Jalapeno cheese (50% fat free). And if you really like the cheddar, I think Cabots has a 70% fat free cheese as well. I get Cabots at Publix.
  • ckgis4me
    Options
    You could also check out feta-style cheeses. Some are made from goat's milk (if digestion is an issue) and then there is also cow's milk feta by Athenos and other brands (with reduced fat versions).
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i eat cheese everyday. :) check out my blog for recipes using cheese - http://www.everythingisbetterwithcheese.blogspot.com
  • ilovethemayhem
    Options
    Laughing cow is a good choice. I also like Sargento's light string cheese. Another favorite of mine (probably my most favorite) is cabots Jalapeno cheese (50% fat free). And if you really like the cheddar, I think Cabots has a 70% fat free cheese as well. I get Cabots at Publix.
    Sargento's light string cheese is 60 CALORIES! It's amazingly delicious and so low cal. I also like Precious all natural pepper jack cheese sticks for 100 cals each.
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    I love chedder cheese too and it has really been hard for me to give up. I have tried the Laughing Cow and it is very good but it is not chedder cheese. But I am willing to kick the chedder to the curb if that is what it takes to shed the lbs.
    You should have one cheat meal or cheat day a week anyway to mix up your system. Eat more cheese on that day and cut back on the other days. Use the cheat day as a reward like after you weigh in for the week. Drop a pound or two and eat your cheese. stay even then eat just a little. No matter what you need that cheat day once a week.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I love cheese and can't stand the fake (low fat) stuff so I just make place for it in my calories. I use the principle of "french women don't get fat" the food you put in your mouth is worth the calories and is satisfying!!!
  • lilrhody
    lilrhody Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have cheese every day. I buy the most flavorful kind I can find and have 1oz of it. I'm a huge fan of old cheddar, sheep's milk fetas or pecorinos, and goat cheeses.