Headphones that say in the ear?

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
Regular earbuds don't cut it for me... they keep falling. Same for the ones that look like earbuds but have 'hooks' you put on your ear... they fall off after a while.

Short of the huge over the head headphones, is there any option?

Replies

• FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    saw someone say something about bose ear buds.... say they stay on during cardio and weights.... googled them they are expensive..yikes
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have dealt with this annoyance as well for a LONG time! I recently bought a pair of Yurbuds and they stay in!!!! They have this special way of "locking" in (its the way you put them in and then turn), and they are only $30!
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I have that same problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I have dealt with this annoyance as well for a LONG time! I recently bought a pair of Yurbuds and they stay in!!!! They have this special way of "locking" in (its the way you put them in and then turn), and they are only $30!

Thanks so much! I'll look those up!
  • la_te_ra_lus
    la_te_ra_lus Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Ive been using these JVC HA-FX101 they come with three different size ear cushions for better fitment.. I use them to run and to lift weights and never had any issues with them popping out unless I snagged the cord. they are pretty cheap and sound pretty good once broken in. you can find them online for around 10-15 bucks.

JV0002.jpg
  • LessOfMe_0924
    Options
    I read a tip somewhere that if you pull up on your ear when with one hand while putting the ear bud in with the other, the ear bud will stay in place. I tried it before I walked a mini marathon last weekend and it worked. I only put in one, but it stayed put before, during and after until I took it out. Certainly was cheaper than buying new ones!
  • la_te_ra_lus
    la_te_ra_lus Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I read a tip somewhere that if you pull up on your ear when with one hand while putting the ear bud in with the other, the ear bud will stay in place. I tried it before I walked a mini marathon last weekend and it worked. I only put in one, but it stayed put before, during and after until I took it out. Certainly was cheaper than buying new ones!

Yep gently pull up on the ear so it makes a good seal while slowly twisting them in..
  • vasairiah
    vasairiah Posts: 5,187 Member
    Options
    ^agree pulling up helps create seal

I actually have Bluetooth headphones. I pair them with my iPhone. No cords rock! I picked mine up on amazon for about $50. I have the 730 white model.

I jog and other cardio with them. The wireless feature is the best because I don't have to worry about putting the cords under my shirt/sports bra or having them snag when running.

They come in white/black and have 3 different ear plug sizes.

I also tend to be on the phone a lot at work so they are perfect for phone calls as well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009A5204K?pc_redir=1399736410&robot_redir=1
  • esanford2
    esanford2 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have own both Bose and Yurbuds brand earbuds and they both stay in your ear during workouts. The difference in sounds depends on the price. You can get a pair of Yurbuds for $30 and a pair of Bose earbuds for around $120.
  • maQmIgh
    maQmIgh Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Regular earbuds don't cut it for me... they keep falling. Same for the ones that look like earbuds but have 'hooks' you put on your ear... they fall off after a while.

I have the same issue... any buds that feel comfortable fall out after 20 minutes, tops.... Any that stay in for any longer, hurt my ears :(

I found these 'over the ears' headphones which arent huge so I dont feel like a DJ when I work out, they are also bluetooth so i no longer worry about tripping on the cables lol

I did not pay this much for them, so if you like them hunt around I'm sure you can get them for cheaper

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-504111-MM100-HEADSET/dp/B003T75AAQ/ref=sr_1_1/278-1745417-7339612?ie=UTF8&qid=1399854695&sr=8-1&keywords=mm100+sennheiser
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the best pair I've had were a $5 pair my daughter got at Five Below. They just crapped out, and I'm using the ones that cam with my Nano, and they're not as good.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options

Thanks so much! I'll look those up!

I second the Yurbuds. Got mine at Walmart. They stay in even when sprinting.
  • dan_IRL
    dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/ME186LL/A/apple-in-ear-headphones-with-remote-and-mic?fnode=3d

These have been by far my favorites. I've tried many different earbuds from cheap to expensive and these sound the best and fit the best for me.
  • fificrazy
    fificrazy Posts: 234
    Options
    As a small eared girl, it's amazing if I can get them to go in to begin with. I've learned I really like the foam kind- it can squish down to get in and then slightly expands (as foam does) to stay in secdurely. Also got those new kind that you turn to "lock"- but, eh, not really impressed. I mean, I haven't technically had a problem with them falling out or anything, but they're just not as tight and secure in my ears so I feel like I should adjust them a lot (even if it turns out there's nothing to adjust- just my paranoia haha.)
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I got a set of Skullcandy Ink'd earbuds. Similar to ohters, they have three sizes of gel-like covers to fit your ear. As a big-eared fella, I use the largest and they not only stay in, but they really cancel out outside noise. I use them as earplugs on airplanes as well. I have another pair for work, but i use the medium sized covers there so that I can hear people coming into my cube.

The ink'd are around $20
  • Tifftiff321
    Tifftiff321 Posts: 61
    Options
    I like the big headphones more bass for my workout yaaaaa lol :happy:
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I do not use in ear headphones but on ear headphones. I use Polk Audio UltraFit 2000 for running out doors.

747192122119.jpg
  • LVCeltGirl
    LVCeltGirl Posts: 473
    Options
    I just got a pair of Yurbuds (the over the ear ones designed for women, smaller ears and all) as a Mother's Day gift. They work and work well. They have the same locking design of Yurbuds but also have the over the ear thing which I also love (just in case the lock doesn't work and I need something to hold them in). They run around $30 at Target in the US. Might be cheaper at Walmart.

When I do a good cardio workout, I have big problems with "normal" earbuds even when I've switched to a smaller "cover" (or the bud part of the the earbud). They are just uncomfortable and don't stay in the ear. Over the ear were better and the Yurbuds (for the time I tried them today) are even better than that.
  • ErinMcMom
    ErinMcMom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    After trying many kinds I've finally got ones that work for me. They are Klipsch Image S3 Noise-Isolating Earbuds. They stay in, they are noise-isolating (but not cancelling, because that's not safe when running outside) they sound good, aren't crazy expensive, and are very comfortable. They come with 2 different sizes of tips so you can get a good fit.

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Image-Noise-Isolating-Rebel-Red/dp/B0044TXDSE
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options

The pair I accidently left in my cyling jersey rear pocket that went into the wash yesterday seem to be great for sports (running/cycling). And best thing yet - they survived the washer and dryer.

Phillips ActionFit Sports Earhook Headset.

Too bad Oakley discontinued their cool Thump sunglasses with the built in ear buds: http://www.oakley.com/products/2794/8743