what do you eat when...

Options
just wondering what everyone eats when they have their period? typically nothing appeals to me or it makes me feel like a bloated mess. just looking for some ideas!! thanks

Replies

• MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    CHOCOLATE.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I usually only want things that are light, like fresh veggies, no dressing. I try to get lots of protein, and I occasionally crave salt, and I love pickles. I tend to get nausea and backaches, some hot herbal tea usually helps with that.
  • 120by30
    120by30 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Everything. Mostly potato chips, though.
  • emmooney235
    emmooney235 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Since I feel like death for 2 days, I don't even care. I figure that if I'm good enough the rest of the month and if I can at least walk for 15 minutes around the block I don't even worry about giving into cravings. Besides hubby will bring me anything to avoid the monster I become! :laugh:
  • dancinrascal
    dancinrascal Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    yeah literally all forms of food are turning me off yet im still hungry? but nothing is appealing....nothing....
  • IAmBrittneyFord
    IAmBrittneyFord Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im bad...i like to pig out!!!!!

But....

I have found a way to curb it. When i want something sweet i will cut up a banana and eat it with whipped cream...much better than ice cream i guess lol
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I usually grab a pizza.
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Sausage. It's the only action I get.
  • Holly_belle
    Holly_belle Posts: 4,042 Member
    Options
    Depends. Sometimes I crave salty stuff, other times its sweets and usually Ben and Jerrys. I will splurge once in awhile. If I go over on my calories one or 2 days a month, its not the end of the world for me. I will still workout though. Thank goodness for the treadmill being in my house :laugh:
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I'm off the menu at that time
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

Thank god
  • Edmond_Dantes
    Edmond_Dantes Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    The only thing a period should stop is a sentence.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I'm a walking cliche when it comes to Shark Week here. It's all about the chocolate.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options

Thank god

I feel like this is an insult yet I'm not insulted.
  • jenversuslife
    jenversuslife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Apple with almond butter and dark choc chips, or apple with honey and shredded coconut.
  • nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    sweet and salty combos. ugghhh.
  • BRA_S
    BRA_S Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything microwavable that I can bring back to the couch ha. The first three days of mine are always very dramatic, always have been.