weight loss goal

Options
Hello everyone,

I am here yet again and for good hopefully. I have had many children (5) literally back to back. My baby is now 1 year old, and we are dooooone. I need my body to be healthy and strong. It's a wreck and I can't even do knee hugs or more than 5 jumping jacks. I've become so very weak physically and flabby. I can do the elliptical machine for 40 minutes or so and burn a massive amount of calories daily. And I started a toning combined with some aerobics class to help tone and get strong. I feel like I have put together a realistic exercise routine that I can sustain, but I have a few questions.

On a calculator I used it says:
You need 982 Calories/day to lose 2 lb per week.

Anyway, I'll lose 2 pounds a week by eating 1200ish calories and burning 400 calories through exercise daily. Right?

I've read on every web site that 1-2 pounds of weight loss is safe. So I'd like to make this my goal. It just seems so hard. :(

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    What calculator did you use? Type your details into mfp go by that calorie amount and eat your exercise calories and you'll lose . weight. If you eat 1200 and burn 400 you won't be eating enough to sustain your body which is why you need to eat those calories back
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    You only have around 30lbs to lose, so you should be aiming to lose about 1lb a week. Take it slow and steady, and have patience.

Like fatdoob said, put your details into MFP and set it for 1lb/week loss to get your calorie goal. That figure won't include exercise calories, so if you do exercise on top of that, then you will need to eat (most of) those exercise calories too.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • aisha786
    aisha786 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Oh shoot. I see what you mean. Because I need 1200 to live so whatever I do I still have to make sure I have that intake at the end of the day and not less. Is that right? Let me refigure this. I haven't set any goals yet since I came back on MFP so let me do this and I'll return.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Do you have the MFP app. There are videos explaining how it all works. Got to ? On the left hand side. They may be on the website too but I'm not sure.

Edited to say- on website, go to help section and then go to Getting Started. This should help hopefully.
  • aisha786
    aisha786 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    ok great...thank you so much. I'll get the app.

I noticed when I entered my exercise it added more calories to be consumed....trust the system.... =D