Had a calorie filled day but wrote it all down.

Options
Tell me that's a good thing and I'm not going to fall into a deep abyss......where I eat like this every day, gain 10 pounds and become depressed!

I did walk for 9 km today (1.5 hours) that's another good thing.

Replies

• Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I I think recording the bad days as well as the good days is a great start. You will see where you fell down and hopefully next time you will think twice about eating something you know was really high in cals and either cut down the portion size or find a healthier alternative.

Sometimes I find logging food before I eat it can make me rethink what I was about to eat when you see the cals there in black and white.

One bad day is just that, a bad day. Just dust yourself off, draw a line under it and start again. You can do this.
  • brizzeem
    brizzeem Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    As mentioned above recording food before eating it and seeinign the numbers in front of you means alot. You can then twak your meal accordingly (for example I just ate half a sweet potatoe instead of whole).

Also I assume you want to lose weight, therefore I recommend this:

Plan on hitting your goals with nutrition and NOT with calories burned during excersize. This means it's easier for you to eat healthy and hit your goals then to rely on working out to burn the calories needed to hit those goals.
  • MizMimi111
    MizMimi111 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Tell me that's a good thing and I'm not going to fall into a deep abyss......where I eat like this every day, gain 10 pounds and become depressed!

I did walk for 9 km today (1.5 hours) that's another good thing.

It's a great thing! You're being accountable to yourself - the only one that matters. Plus you exercised. Fantastic!

You ate a lot today, you burned off a lot of calories today. That's a win-win! Yay you!
  • ronitperman
    ronitperman Posts: 25
    Options
    Walking regularly is a good habit and gives many health benefits with the weight loss. Also take a proper diet which is always helpful for a fit body.