i feel fat today

Options
today I feel FAT... my friend at work was raving to her friend about my weight loss and I feel like a fraud for feeling fat. I just had to express it.

i was never one of those gals that felt "fat" cause at 290lbs i WAS FAT. but today i am overwhelmed by this insanity. why????

i was looking at oxygen magazine and some of the women's starting weight is my current weight. so i thought oh my god i'm not THERE yet, i still have more to lose. granted i already knew i wasn't at my chosen goal. doesn't help that on the bmi i am 1lb still in the overweight catergory too for my height. insanity.

it's hard sometimes when people are wowed at your progress but you still know you're not where you want to be and the look at you like you should stop now.

uuugh... i am not a ranter so don't all of you jump on my case okay. i am pretty postive but i just needed to get this out.

Replies

• wjewell
    wjewell Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You will get there! :) Don't feel fat.. feel proud of how far you have come! In a few months you'll look back on this day and smile because you've gotten so much further. Good luck!
  • KennyPollard
    KennyPollard Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Nothing new....I get that way too....Especially when I don't see any progress..When a slump hits and start feeling all mushy and blah.
    It comes back though, thankfully! keep up the good work!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    How you feel is legitimate to you, but gotta say you are a beautiful woman! Hoping your brain can catch up with your weight loss and I do believe there is a gap there for all of us when losing weight, especially if we have carried the weight for a long time. It is hard to let go of that self image that defined us for so long. Congratulations on your magnificent weight loss so far and good luck to you on your continued journey! Sorry you feel fat, but you look thin!!!!
  • o2blori
    o2blori Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You've done an amazing job. Don't be too hard on yourself. Chin up and smile. Tomorrow's a new day! Keep it up!!! You're really an inspiration to me
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Firstly, your progress is amazing, you are a true inspiration to others!

I have just transitioned into the "overweight" category from being in the obese one for a decade myself. I have done so much and most days am positive and thankful that I worked hard for the results . . . but some days I am grouchy and feel old and fat. I still have 30 pounds to go so am not slim yet by any means, but look much better than previously.

I am usually a positive person as well, but even we can have a down day. You are certainly entitled to one here and there.

We should go and take it out on the treadmill now . . . sigh . . .
  • Nixb19
    Nixb19 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I think once in awhile we all have that "I feel fat" feeling. Heck, I'm having it today too even tho the scale said I was down another half pound. But you've done a great job, looking at how much you lost, you're doing a great job! Just gotta remember, it's a state of mind at this point & it's just one day :) Tomorrow is a new day and I bet you'll feel more beautiful than ever! :)
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    You go ahead and rant. Sometimes we need to do that. As long as it doesn't keep you from doing what you need to do, a good rant will always make you feel better. You have to let go of the "yuck" feelings at some point, right? :smile:
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    OK - stop it! Look at what you have accomplished. You are beautiful. Sure - you have a minimal amount you still want to lose - and you will. I think you are an inspiration :-)
  • lindaloumiller
    Options
    I know how you feel! I had lost my weight... and the compliments came and I lost sight of my own goals... questioning myself. I still needed to lose 10lbs after losing 125. anyhow, I wish I had listened to myself and not others because I lost the control I had for over two years! Because I could not trust my own judgment, I listened to other well meaning people. Today, I have gained over half my weight back and am fighting to take control again! Don't let this be you!!!:flowerforyou:
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Don't feel fat. You have accomplished what most only dream of! You are fantastic.
  • newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!!!!
  • newDZ
    Options
    i am glad for everyone's support and ubderstanding. it's strange how sometimes you can be so focus and self-motivating and then out of the blue... a 2 x 4 of crazy thoughts hits you.

it passes thank god. i don't even have to wait for tomorrow... this moment those thought are gone. replace by my vision. yes it was a stumble but i'm on my path.

thanks again.
  • newDZ
    Options
    after yesterday's "i feel fat moment"--- this morning i did the same things i've done for the last 2 years...

1. drank a glass of water on my nightstand (i don't count it towards my daily water because it's replenishing me from 8 hours of sleep)

2. i ate a salad with breakfast (i eat a salad with every meal) -- usually i'll add cranberries or blueberries or strawberries with 1/2 bag of mixed greens and flaxseed oil (yum)

3. had another glass of water while i drank my coffee (this one doesn't count either it's a bonus glass)

4. smiled at myself in the mirror and said "thank you God for my healthy body from my scalp to my toes... thank you for my heart, my lungs, my fingers and my elbows all of which are necessary and i say thank you now for all the times in the past i didn't and thank you in advance for all the times in the future i'll forget."

and today i feel good!!!!

thanks again everyone who checking in with me privately too!!!