Losing weight but getting bigger?

Options
I know this makes no sense - but I only noticed this today. I tried on a shirt that used to fit me fine, suddenly it felt very squeezed, especially in the chest area.

This is very strange, especially that my weight on the scale continues to go down (at a very slow rate that is) - I am eating at just below maintenance. I do work out and lift weights - so it could be muscles, but when I take my shirt off I cant really see that much muscle. Could it be that I am gaining some weight back but in the wrong areas - weight re-distribution of sorts?!

Replies

• Fattackler2013
    Fattackler2013 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I've felt similar recently because I tried on one of my old interview shirts and it did fit me pretty well, however it was still a little bit tight on my lower stomach. It should fit me soon enough though. :D

I wish that I had some advice, but I can definitely relate.
  • DapperKay
    DapperKay Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thats a little different dude - your shirt fits you well - mine used to, now is tight even though the scale says I am going down. I'm baffled. Maybe it was just the wash - but I have been generally feeling "bigger" than usual.

I'm thinking water retention of some sort.
  • Mr_AH
    Mr_AH Posts: 32
    Options
    I know what you're getting at and it's terribly confusing not to mention frustrating.

I've got shirts from when I was bigger (we're talking 30kg bigger) that feel ill fitting and I don't like to go out in them (which is something else because I used to go out in them when I was bigger) yet, the other day, I got into a shirt that I've not worn in years.

I can only guess that the shirts became somewhat familiar with our previous shapes and, because or bodies are changing, the shirts feel different. Weight lifting will especially add to that, even if one is not bulking.