around 5'4"ish and 100-130pounds??

Options
really struggling to lose my last few pounds, aiming to get to 105.

looking for MFP friends who are around the same height 5"2-5'4" and weight as me for extra motivation! i think i would stick to my calories better if i had friends with the same goals and with it all on my news feed!

please share your story or add as friend :)

Replies

• elizabethl27
    elizabethl27 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Although you have a small frame, your goal seems unrealistic. I am 5'2" and my goal is about 115 pounds (I am about 119 now; not to far to go). At one point in my life, I weighed about 100-105, but I was way too skinny. Is 105 pounds a healthy BMI for 5'4"? I am not trying to criticize you, but I get nervous when somebody seems to have unrealistic expectations. Actually, I just calculated the BMI for 5'4 and 105 pounds and it says that is underweight. Maybe you are already perfect!
  • cem789
    cem789 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    yes healthy :) the bmi is 18, which is 0.5 less than it should be but because i have very little muscle my actual body mass is larger than average for my height.

When at 105 i will happily gain weight as long as my body fat percentage decreases
  • elizabethl27
    Options
    Ok, that makes sense! Well, I need some support too! I feel like I need motivation staying within my calorie range. Any advice??
  • love2sign
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and a professional diet center said that 111 is the lowest healthy weight for my height....and I think its 107 on the BMI chart!
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    im 5'4 and want to see if i can get to 115 but then tone up so if i gain i know it will be muscle!
  • Procrastinator
    Options
    Hi, I'm actually almost 5'5 but my goal is around 120 pounds. I have big bones and muscle on me so any lower would be very hard to achieve. My starting weight and current weight is in the 130s.
    Feel free to add me :)
  • foxynurse
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and about 114 right now. My goal weight is 105 as well. Feel free to add me! :)
  • HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Options
    Gosh, now I know I need to try for 120! I am 5'4" and thought my goal would be 124. Well, I'm there but I still can "pinch some inches!" I wasn't sure if I was being realistic by trying for 120, but most of you guys are below that, so I will give it my best shot!! Thanks for the extra push!
  • elizabethl27
    Options
    yes, that's why i was a little nervous!
  • cem789
    Options
    hey guys! good to see responses, send a friend request to you all!

well i think we all have different body shapes, for instance if i could shift weight from my thighs or bum to my tum i would!

my tum is super flat and skinny, yet my thighs and bum carry a lot of fat and make me a jean size bigger than I should be. I used to sit around 119 +- 2 pounds, but my thighs rubbed together so the lower weight is really necessary for me to have a bikini body!

if i could shift around my fat i wouldnt try and lose a single pound more, but im really hoping to have slimmer thighs soon!

elizabeth, its hard sticking to our calories being small isnt it! im only allowed 1310 calories to lose half a pound per week! the past few weeks have been easy and difficult, i have been sleeping in so missing breakfast and only having 2 meals a day. it has been junk food season however with the cold weather!

foods that really fill me up for a long time without breaking the calorie bank =

beans on 1 slice of toast
    bowl of cereal with low fat milk

tinned tuna, mixed in with cooked brown rice and a dash of soya sauce.... sounds gross, someone made me try it and its lovely!!!
  • ambrchrstn
    Options
    I'm about 5'4'' and have weighed 135-137 for the past few years. My goal weight is 118-120. Which seems extremely difficult for me to do. I carry my weight pretty evenly through my stomach, hips, and thighs. I feel like if I could get down to 120 and tone up my body that I would be at a good healthy weight for my body type. So 120 lbs is my first goal then I'll go from there to see if I need to lose anymore. My calorie goal is about 1200 and I can do ok with my food choices, but my biggest problem is wanting to/finding time to work out. I know I'm not overweight, but I'm not fit like I would like to be. Any time I mention working out or eating healthy my office and my family look at me like I'm crazy. My family loves me the way I am, and it's not that they discourage me from losing weight, they just think I'm nuts lol... I could really use some friends with similar goals to help keep me motivated to make healthier decisions and get my butt working out.
  • cem789
    Options
    I'm about 5'4'' and have weighed 135-137 for the past few years. My goal weight is 118-120. Which seems extremely difficult for me to do. I carry my weight pretty evenly through my stomach, hips, and thighs. I feel like if I could get down to 120 and tone up my body that I would be at a good healthy weight for my body type. So 120 lbs is my first goal then I'll go from there to see if I need to lose anymore. My calorie goal is about 1200 and I can do ok with my food choices, but my biggest problem is wanting to/finding time to work out. I know I'm not overweight, but I'm not fit like I would like to be. Any time I mention working out or eating healthy my office and my family look at me like I'm crazy. My family loves me the way I am, and it's not that they discourage me from losing weight, they just think I'm nuts lol... I could really use some friends with similar goals to help keep me motivated to make healthier decisions and get my butt working out.

good luck, yes when i was 130 pounds a few years ago, people told me i didnt need to lose weight, but its a personal choice :)
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options

We're pretty similar, but I'm heavier than you! I'm 5'5" and am just over 150, but I have a very muscular build (and sadly chubby arms that cover the muscles!) but wear a 7-8 consistantly and have a 28" waist, so I think that 120 would be the very minimum I could weigh. I'm trying for 135 to start off and then will increase if it seems possible. I'm not sure where 30 lbs would come off (other than the 10lbs I could lose from my arms!!), but I figure it's worth a shot. I'm afraid I'll keep losing from my waist and legs and stay top heavy and look silly!
  • nikki2609
    nikki2609 Posts: 128
    Options
    hiya, im 5ft 2 and started at 124 lbs. my aim is around 110lbs and ive lost 1lb in my first week.
    it annoys the life out of me when people comment that i dont need to lose any weight, it is my personal choice and i dont feel the need to tell others my opinions on there weight! am i being to sensitive? so far the calorie counting is great & ive been under goal of 1200 calories 6 days out of 7 but today the chicken dippers just jumped onto my plate!
    good luck on the weight loss everyone

3373860.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • KSML1
    KSML1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2" and I would love to weigh 115lbs. I am over 40 and have found that my metabolism has really slowed down. I would love any support!
  • cem789
    Options
    I'm 5' 2" and I would love to weigh 115lbs. I am over 40 and have found that my metabolism has really slowed down. I would love any support!

good luck - i'll add you :)