Hello

Options
My name is Sheila and I am new at this. It has helped me in the last week because I'm more conscious of what I eat because I don't want to go over my limit. I am diabetic and tired of the shots and pills. I know if I lose weight and eat right it will help. I'm an emotional eater, so I love to snack. I could use some low cal snack tips please. Look forward to meeting ppl in my same situation. I'd love to share and vent with ppl instead of hoarding it all inside. Lets lose together. Looking forward to watching the new season of the biggest loser too. My favorite show. Add me as a friend, I don't know how yet.

Replies

• JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You are in the right place. It has helped me lose 56 pounds in the past 6 months. I have been a yo yo dieter in the past, but this time, I have decided it is a lifestyle change, not a diet. Good luck on your weight loss journey. I know you will love it here too! Feel free to add me as a friend, we can help motivate each other!
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You are in the right place. It has helped me lose 56 pounds in the past 6 months. I have been a yo yo dieter in the past, but this time, I have decided it is a lifestyle change, not a diet. Good luck on your weight loss journey. I know you will love it here too! Feel free to add me as a friend, we can help motivate each other!
  • PorcyT
    PorcyT Posts: 4
    Options
    Welcome! I'm loving how populated this place is, I was worried it'd be empty :) I totally agree with being conscious about calorie intake, I've actually started to manage refusing some foods, knowing it'll bump up my calorie score.

Super good luck :)
  • melissa1977
    melissa1977 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This place is awesome and the people are great! I'm going to send you a friends request! :)
  • rckchik13
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck!!! :o)
  • Tom918
    Tom918 Posts: 6
    Options
    Welcome. I am a newbie also. My wife got me started here so we could do this together. Great place to be. Everyone is very positive and helpful. You will like it here.
  • kbefit
    kbefit Posts: 116
    Options
    Welcome!!! I love the Biggest Loser too. I have trouble w/portion control so I sure hope to change that habit! Glad to have you here!